Weight Loss Motivation Tips that Work
Motivation remains the biggest roadblock to pretty much every health and fitness goal imaginable. Without the right mindset and dedication, you’re going to get nowhere pretty fast.
But the nice part about motivation is that there are a million strategies for improving it. You just need to find what works for you, and take your goals to the next level.
As a personal trainer, I’ve had the opportunity to observe firsthand what works best when it comes to getting motivated and staying that way. Working with clients to meet their goals, and exceed them, has offered a wealth of information about how to keep your head in the game.
And that’s especially true when it comes to weight loss motivation, which tends to be the most difficult kind.
So here are some of my best weight loss motivation tips. These are the tips that really work, no matter where you’re at in your own weight loss goals. Give one or all of them a try today!
5 Weight Loss Motivation Tips that Work
1. Write It Down – It’s one of the oldest tricks in the book, but it’s still totally relevant. Tracking your progress on paper is extremely motivating. Not only does it help you see your small successes as they unfold, but it also makes it perfectly clear where you need to keep improving.
In terms of weight loss, I normally recommend to my clients that they keep track of their eating/exercise habits and take measurements once every 2 weeks, including weight and inches lost.
2. Add Music – When it comes to your workouts, adding music is one of the easiest ways to stay motivated. Not only does it help pass the time, it can also put you into a more determined and energetic mindset!
3. Add Variety – Boredom is one of the biggest roadblocks to weight loss motivation. But remember, whether it’s your diet or your workout program, options abound. You just need to make an effort to keep things fresh and mix things up on a regular basis.
To help you out, here are a few Healthy & Cheap Recipes to spice up your diet, as well as a guide to Interval Training for Fat Loss. Interval training is a great way to change up your workouts and avoid hitting plateaus!
4. Get Some Support – Research has shown that social support is one of the biggest predictors of weight loss motivation and success. This doesn’t only mean finding a good gym buddy or having a partner in your diet plan. It also means surrounding yourself with like-minded people who will support, rather than challenge, your weight loss goals. And you’ll be more motivated for it!
5. Reinforce Good Behavior – Treat yourself like a psychology experiment, and reinforce the good behaviors you engage in. I always recommend to my clients that they reward themselves at the end of every week for staying on track with their weight loss and fitness goals. Allow yourself one indulgent meal or snack, or buy yourself something new. Either way, it will keep you going for the following week!
Weight Loss Motivation Tips that Work – Conclusion
All of these tips are pretty easy ways to stay motivated. But if you’re finding yourself having a hard time getting started, you can try adding a natural fat loss supplement to your diet to give you some noticeable results off the bat.
For my top picks, check out my Best Natural Fat Loss Supplements here. If you can see that results are really possible, you’ll be way more motivated to see your goals through!
Have any questions or feedback about these Weight Loss Motivation Tips that Work? Please leave a comment below…