Increase Energy & Reduce Pain
If you’re always sore and feeling exhausted it is a good time to start thinking about ways to improve your energy and recovery from any exercise you are doing. That’s why the upcoming smoothie fast recovery recipes are invaluable!
By working out your body will naturally put a lot of strain on your muscles and joints. In addition to that, you’re actually getting micro-tears in your muscles with every exertion. Not to be alarmed though, this is part of the normal process of your body breaking down and building muscle tissue and helps you increase strength over time.
With that said focusing more on the recovery process, you can not only reduce strain and injury, you can also speed up the muscle repair process in a serious way with a solid nutrition plan.
The good news is that there are also some fantastic recovery supplements on the market to help you out. Branched chain amino acids are particularly effective, and they can be taken before, during, or after a workout to boost recovery and muscle healing. BPI Sports Best BCAA is one of the most highly rated in the market and Optimum Glutamine is also another inexpensive and great choice when it comes to replenishing your muscles with amino acids.
In addition, your protein intake is incredibly important to help your recovery speed. Whey protein works well, but time-released proteins like casein that take longer to digest are even better.
And what better way than to have a healthy fruit smoothie that’s also high in protein. Here are 3 recipes for fast recovery…
Smoothie Fast Recovery Recipes
1. Berry Blast Recovery Boost – This one is packed full of antioxidants and electrolytes to totally replenish your energy and improve healing. The Greek yogurt is also packed full of health protein for muscle growth. Blend together the following ingredients:
- ½ cup of fresh or frozen blueberries or acai berries (or mix)
- 1/3 cup of raspberries
- 1/3 cup of water
- ½ cup of fat-free vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
2. Time-Released Tropical Smoothie – If you want something that’s healthy and totally satisfying, go for this one. The added dose of coconut water will help replenish your body’s resources, while the casein protein will feed your muscles for hours following your workout. Blend together the following ingredients:
- ½ cup of fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries
- ½ cup of coconut water
- 1 scoop of Optimum 100% Casein Protein (vanilla flavor)
- 1/3 a fresh avocado
3. Vegan Vital Energy Shake – If you prefer the vegan or vegetarian route, give this one a try. Not only does it have a solid serving of vegetarian-based protein, it’s also packed with phytonutrients, antioxidants, and electrolytes to improve post-workout recovery. Blend together the following ingredients:
- ½ cup of mixed frozen fruit
- 1/2 cup of acai or blueberry juice
- 1 medium banana
- A handful of fresh baby spinach
- 1 scoop of Gardenia All Natural Vegan Protein (vanilla flavor)
- Ice as desired
Feel free to mix up these ingredients as you wish! Either way, these smoothie recipes will lead to faster and better recovery, which means serious fitness results!
Have any questions or feedback about these 3 Fruit Smoothie Fast Recovery Recipes? Please leave a comment below…