Cardio Exercises at Home
If you’re like me, you probably find yourself strapped for time when it comes to workouts. And let’s face it, life is hectic so getting some cardio in during the day seems like the least of your worries.
This is why cardio exercises at home have come in handy over the years, and most importantly now! A lot of people avoid home workouts because they think they’re less effective. And I’ll admit, a lot of stuff out there is pretty weak. But when done right, cardio exercises at home can be just as intense as the gym or outdoors.
This article reviews some of the best at-home full-body cardio exercises and fitness options. Remember, you can do a lot more than going for a walk or run!
Cardio Exercises at Home – Easy Options
Like I said, there’s a lot more you can do at home than just going for a walk or run. But that said, don’t throw these options out altogether. If you have the time, going for a 30-minute walk or run can burn a ton of calories and energize your day.
1. Cardio Exercises at Home – Jumping Rope
Jumping rope is super effective and burns a ton of fat and calories in very little time. What’s also great about jumping rope is that it’s a total body workout. You’re engaging your upper and lower body, and by engaging your core muscles, you can also get a decent core workout in there.
For a great jump rope workout, I highly recommend the Harbinger Jump Rope. It’s great for tracking your progress and keeping you on track with your goals of staying toned.
The best part of jumping rope is that interval training is naturally a part of it. You can mimic my High Intensity Interval Training routine with the jump rope.
2. Cardio Exercises at Home – Exercise Ball
Exercise balls are probably one of the most versatile pieces of home fitness equipment. You can get a great ab and core workout with this one item. You can also use it in a number of leg exercises or make your upper body workouts more challenging. Here is a full exercise ball ab workout
Here’s a great exercise ball package that includes a pump and a DVD with a ton of home exercises – Xercise Ball Package With DVD And Pump.
3. Cardio Exercises at Home – Toning Bands
Toning tubes and stretch bands can be incorporated into nearly any exercise, and they’re highly effective at adding variable levels of resistance in a muscle toning routine. You can go for lighter resistance with these Latex Stretch Bands or add on the pump with these Adjustable Resistance Toning Tubes. You can check out my Home Workout No Equipment article for ideas of using these cables.
*Secrets to Success withCardio Exercises at Home and Nutrition
Getting fit at home is a heck of a lot easier if you have the right nutrition plan in place. Take it from me! Making sure you eliminate processed foods and stick to raw healthy organic foods will give you progress you never imagined possible. You won’t know until you’ve tried it for at least a few weeks so what do you have to lose but that pesky ab fat hiding your sexy midsection?
Here are a few ideas you can add to your nutrition plan to ensure you get everything your body needs as it’s hard to restrict calories when your body is in need of the variety of nutrients to function at its best.
- Healthy fats like those found in NOW Ultra Omega-3 Heart & Cognition will give your fat burning metabolism a huge boost and help strip away fat from your waistline.
- Thermogenic fat burner such as Signature Thermogenic which includes a powerful combination of Green Tea, Yohimbe Bark, and Cayenne to burn fat at 3-4 times the speed!
- Vitamin D, like this Signature Vitamin D3 with bone and immunity support supplement, not only boosts your immunity against nasty viruses, but it has been shown by researchers to improve weight loss efforts by up to 50%. Win Win!
- Magic Matcha Green Tea is one of the best natural metabolism boosters and helps suppress the cravings for all the bad foods. It also comes without the jitters of coffee and has a very nice gentle taste that is acquired like a nice wine.
- And for those looking for something a little more serious, try the revolutionary 7-Keto LeanGels, full of naturally occurring fat-burning ingredients like CLA, Green Tea Extract, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, and Rhodiola extract!
Cardio Exercises at Home – Taking Things to the Next Level
If you’re looking to take things up a notch, or you’re moving your workouts from the gym to your home, then you should consider one of these great at-home options:
4. Intense Cardio Exercises at Home – P90X
P90X is by far one of the most effective at-home fitness programs. It’s super intense and some of the workout can be fit in to a 30-60 minute window. Tons of celebrities have had amazing results with this program. Click here to check it out – P90X.
5. Intense Cardio Exercises at Home – Hip Hop Abs
This is another popular ones, and for good reason. This is an innovative way to incorporate some intense ab workouts into your day and have some fun at the same time. Click here for more info – Hip Hop Abs.
6. Intense Cardio Exercises at Home – Insanity Workout
This one isn’t for beginners, but don’t be scared to jump in to soon. This is an intense, full-body conditioning and fitness program that will get you ripped and toned in just 60 days! Check it out here – Insanity Workout
Cardio Exercises at Home – Conclusion
Any of these options are effective at getting you burning calories and feeling in shape. Remember, it all depends on your own goals and the amount of time you can commit. If you want to track your fitness progress through any of these exercises, consider investing in this Omron Heart Rate Monitor. It can help get you feeling motivated!
Have any questions or feedback about cardio exercises at home? Please leave a comment below…
Great article Sam. You can do basically the same exercises (movements) like you do at the gym, the only problem is a lack of weights.
Appreciating the time and effort you put into your website and in-depth information you offer. Nice Post! Cardio exercise along with good quality supplements and proper guidance will help us to lose weight quickly and safest way. Thanks for sharing!
You’re very welcome Alisha, thanks for the comment and keep me updated on your progress!