Pre-Holiday Ab Workout
With the holidays just around the corner, you need every strategy at your disposal to stay fit and keep the weight off.
This killer pre-holiday ab workout will help you get a jump on things and start early to fight fat so why not right?! Do this ab workout 2 or 3 times a week over the next few weeks, and you’ll keep that fit, toned physique through the holidays.
The Truth about Ab Workouts
There’s a lot of confusion surrounding abdominal workouts, so before we get to the routine, I thought I’d clear a few things up.
You need to work out your abs at least once or twice a week to see results, but these workouts have to be part of a total body workout plan. It’s not enough to only work out your abs. In order to burn fat and tone up enough to see your abs, you need to engage your entire body.
So I recommend doing this ab workout a couple times a week as part of a full body plan. This should include targeted upper and lower body workouts, so that by the end of the week you’ve hit every major muscle group.
You also need to be doing a lot of fat-burning, because you can’t target your fat-burning efforts. At the end of the day, successfully boosting your metabolism and burning more fat is a necessary step in getting the abs of your dreams. Intense cardiovascular exercise can help a lot with this, as can a healthy fat-burning diet. So it really takes a diversified approach to see real results.
Now for my pre-holiday ab workout…
The Intense Ab Workout to Keep You Fit for the Holidays
This ab workout takes about 30-40 minutes to complete, but it’s intense. Include this workout in your routine 2 or 3 times a week until the New Year for optimal results.
For each exercise, perform 15 to 25 reps for each set, depending on your fitness level. Rest for 20-30 seconds between sets.
- 1 set of Ab Crunches (view exercise)
- 1 set of Ab Twists with Lower Pulley (each side) (view exercise)
- 2 sets of Ab Twists with Parallel Pulley (each side) (view exercise)
- 1 set of Ab Twists with Upper Pulley (each side) (view exercise)
- 2 sets of Oblique Crunches on Stability Ball (view exercise)
- 2 sets of Bicycle Crunches on floor (view exercise)
- 2 sets of One-Legged Ab-Crunches on Bosu Ball (view exercise)
- 2 sets of Stability Ball Tucks (view exercise)
- 3 sets of Knee Tucks on Bench (view exercise)
- 1 minute of Plank (view exercise)
- 30 second Side Plank (each side) (view exercise)
Finish up this workout with some abdominal and core stretching, and make sure you give yourself a full 48 hours before doing it again. This will ensure adequate recovery, and better results.
With a little planning, you can totally enjoy the holidays without putting on the pounds!
Have any questions or feedback about this Pre-Holiday Ab Workout? Please leave a comment below…