Health & Your Well Being
I think you would agree with me that a lot of us get lost in what healthy really means. We get bombarded with images of actors and athletes who are completely ripped and we forget that they pretty much have the luxury of trainers, dieticians, chefs, and most importantly time to keep on track with looking their best. But isn’t health more than just physical appearance?
In fact, the best approach to living healthy gets at the things from all perspectives – physical, mental, emotional, social, and even spiritual.
Today, I think it’s time you look at health in this different perspective, all in hopes that you’ll find something here to improve your overall health and get back on a road to be your best and be the healthiest you have ever been all around.
If you’re prepared to make some simple changes, then you’re ready to get seriously healthy.
10 Ways to Get Healthier – and Happier!
1. Don’t Fret the Small Stuff – You’ve heard this one before, but it can’t be overstated. How you handle stress on a daily basis plays a big role in every aspect of your health, including your energy levels and stamina at the gym. Learn to let go of the little things as they happen.
Check out my article on Foods that Fight Stress for some added support.
2. Beware of Advice – Advice is a tricky thing, and when it comes to improving your health, you should only be taking advice from real experts. There are a lot of myths and misconceptions about health and fitness out there, so you need to educate yourself and filter the advice you hear.
3. Your Health and Wellness are Interconnected – What I mean by this is that health in one area of your life is connected to health in all other parts. Eating healthy, for example, will help you stay motivated to work out, and vice versa.
4. Yoga is a Game-Changer – No matter what your fitness goal is, or how you want to improve your health, yoga makes everything better. This is true even if you want to build muscle and bulk up.
Read more on the Health Benefits of Yoga here.
5. Stay Balanced – Balance should always be your ultimate goal when it comes to living a healthy life. You’re not always going to have balance, but you should always be trying your best to maintain it. This means balance between work and home, family and friends, and between relaxation and achievement.
6. Social Health is a Real Thing – Staying socially healthy is a real thing, and it has big consequences for all other facets of your health. In fact, social isolation and lack of support are two of the biggest determinants of poor health across the lifespan. So stay engaged with life, be social, and have some fun!
7. Spend More Time Outdoors – Getting outdoors and connecting with nature is one of the best ways to be happier and stay healthy. I recommend getting outside for at least 2 workouts a week.
For a great total-body workout you can take outdoors, try my No Equipment Cardio Workout.
8. Learn to Let Go – Anger will get you nowhere in the end. While it’s important to learn to let go of negative feelings, it’s also important to let go of control. You can’t control everything in your life, and sometimes you need to accept things for the way they are.
9. Express Gratitude – Believe it or not, there’s a lot of research in psychology emerging to suggest that gratitude plays an important role in health, wellness, and happiness. Just expressing gratitude to someone who has done you good can boost your mood in a big way.
10. There’s No Such Thing as One-Size-Fits-All – My last tip is a big one, and it really comes down to learning about yourself and what works best for your own health. We’re all different, and we all benefit from different things. So when it comes to your own health and wellness, pay attention, and do what’s right for you – not what’s right for everyone else!
Have any questions or feedback about these 10 Amazing Ways to Improve Your Health? Please leave a comment below…