Diet to Lose Belly Fat
If you have pesky belly fat still getting in the way or are trying to shed those extra pounds around the waist and not having much luck you are definitely not alone.
Losing belly fat is by far the most challenging of all fitness and weight loss goals. No matter your fitness level, you’ve probably struggled to lose that annoying belly fat. I’ve been there myself!
But along the way, I’ve learned a number of easy diet solutions to help you lose belly fat. First, let’s look at some daily tips for losing belly fat. Then we’ll get to some specific meal ideas that will help you get on track and on your way to a thinner waistline!
Daily Tips to Lose Belly Fat
1. Cut out the refined sugar. Refined white sugar leads to spikes in your blood sugar level, slowing your metabolism and leading to cravings.
2. Avoid sodium. A diet high in salt leads to water retention, which is only going to make your belly fat look worse. Cut down on the salt, and you’ll shed some of that extra water weight.
3. Eat whole grains. If you’re trying to lose belly fat, you need to cut out white flour and refined carbohydrates, including white pasta, bread, and rice. I cannot stress this enough! Refined carbohydrates are stripped of their nutrients and slow your metabolism. Instead opt for quinoa, brown rice, and whole grain breads that don’t have sugar as one of the top 3 ingredients.
4. Eat more protein. Hopefully it should come to no surprise to you now that when it comes to cutting belly fat adding protein to your diet is key. Protein actually burns more calories during digestion, helping you burn more fat. Adding a tasty protein supplement to your diet can also help keep you feeling full and rev up your metabolism. Without a doubt my two favorite protein powders are: the milk chocolate flavour of Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion and the cookies & cream flavour of Combat Powder. If you want to look at other sources of protien including veggies check out this article – Best Protein Powders.
5. Eat fat-burning foods. There are a number of foods out there that actually increase your metabolism and help you burn belly fat. Protein and whole grains are some of these foods. Other fat-burning options include Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil and NOW Green Tea Extract. Add them to your diet today and be patient as it will take several effects to show the effects.
Simple Meal Ideas to Lose Belly Fat
These meal (or snack, depending on your diet plan) ideas are based on ingredients that actually help you burn more belly fat! They are especially high in monounsaturated fatty acids that can help you lose the belly fat quickly.
Hummus, Olive, And Tomato (362 calories)
Spread 2 Tbsp hummus on each half of a toasted whole wheat English muffin. Top each half with 5 thinly sliced olives and a slice of tomato. Add 1 medium orange.
Mediterranean Salad (398 calories)
Toss 1/2 c chickpeas, rinsed and drained, with 1/2 c halved cherry tomatoes, 1 chopped cucumber, 10 large black olives, and 1 Tbsp lemon juice. Serve with 1 toasted large whole wheat pita.
Waffles Florentine (393 calories)
Take 2 whole grain waffles & spread with 2 Tbsp black olive tapenade. Top with half a cup of egg whites, scrambled in cooking spray, and 3/4 cup of spinach leaves. Have half a cup of strawberries on the side.
Almond Butter With Fresh Fruit (350 calories)
Spread 2 Tbsp almond butter on a slice of whole grain bread. Eat with half a cup of each blueberries and sliced kiwifruit.
Oatmeal with Pecans and Berries (351 calories)
Prepare 1 packet Original Quaker Instant Oatmeal made with 1 cup skim milk and mix with 2 Tbsp chopped pecans, 1/2 cup raspberries, and 1/2 cup blueberries.
Mango Walnut Salad (395 calories)
Grab a bowl of greens and add spinach with half a cup of chopped mango, 4 baby carrots chopped, 1/4 cup sliced red bell pepper, 2 Tbsp walnuts, 2 Tbsp vinaigrette, and 1 Tbsp raisins. Eat with 1/2 large whole wheat pita.
Diet to Lose Belly Fat – Conclusion
These are just a few meal/snack ideas for losing belly fat, but hopefully they give you a better idea of the kinds of foods you should be eating for a slimmer waistline. Make sure you take a balanced approach and incorporate a frequent exercise plan and a healthy diet!
Have any questions or feedback about dieting to lose belly fat? Please leave a comment below…