Beckham Abs – His Secrets Revealed
To acquire a body like Beckham we need to look at the different areas of working out and eating right that make up this guy.
First off there’s: sports nutrition – eating for fuel, endurance/cardio training and strength training.
He is a natural and does not believe in using weight loss pills and crazy dieting schemes, but rather focuses on good nutrition, supplements and working out.
His minimal body fat, muscle definition and ripped abs can all be attributed to this lifestyle.
Therefore if you want Beckham abs and to be the envy of all your friends check out his straightforward approach to diet and exercise.
Beckham Abs: Training Component
Endurance and cardio are the core of his workouts as soccer is a highly endurance based sport. A lot of work has to go into training for games such as; arsenal speed work, jumping jacks, squat thrusts, skipping and crunches. To compliment this you will want to make sure you integrated high intensity interval training at least 2-3 times a week.
Furthermore, compound weight training is a bit different from what bodybuilders would use to build huge muscle mass. With this in mind, this kind of compound training is exactly what David needs to focus more on for being light and swift. If he was too bulky his speed and agility would be negatively affected. Some of the exercises that focus on compound training are: squats, dead lifts, standing shoulder press, barbell curls, bench presses, and cable rows. Most bodybuilders would use a heavier weight and low reps (in the 6-8 range) while Beckham uses lighter weights and more reps with less rest between exercises (14-20 range).
Lastly, flexibility training also allows him to increase strength and work harder and longer. If you’re not spending at least 10 minutes at the end of your workout on flexibility training then you are missing out on these benefits which can also prevent injuries and pain. You should also be including at least one or two days off from working out as this could also mean over-training. If you’re not sure that you are over-training make sure to read this article: Muscle Recovery & Over Training.
Beckham Abs: Diet Component
The secret for this is to ensure that your metabolism is running smoothly even if you weren’t blessed with his high metabolism. Some ways to increase your metabolism naturally are: eat breakfast every morning, work out at least 30 minutes a day and drink lots of water.
Here is what David does to maintain a ripped body through diet:
- Eat lots of low GI veggies which can include: asparagus, bean sprouts, carrots, tomatoes etc. He also makes sure to consume lots of green leafy vegetables like broccoli and spinach.
- Rather than eating three large meals a day, he prefers to eat smaller meals with more frequent snacks throughout the day to maintain his energy and stamina.
- Avoids refined foods such as pastas, breads, cakes, cookies, and other junk food.
- Drinks water consistently throughout the day in the range of 8-12 full glasses depending on activity level.
- Supplementing with vitamins also increase energy and performance. Particularly supplements like: Optimum Super-Multi Pak, USPLabs Jack3d, AllMax Nutrition Omega 3 and Scivation Xtend.
Beckham Abs: His Mantras
Lifestyle is all about choices, how we react and make the best of our lives. David points out some important rules to live by:
- “Don’t worry about that “other guy” it takes the focus off your game and sidetracks you”
- “Once you find your focus, endorse it”
- “Know what to leave out. You’ll save considerable time and enhance talents that are valuable”
- “Keep your to-do list short” – for obvious reasons”
- “Learn how to take a fast hit”
So there you have it, if you combine all mental, physical, and nutritional aspects you can be sure that you will be looking great in no time.