No Equipment Cardio Workout
Whether you’re looking for something new or just short on time, this equipment-free cardio workout is the perfect solution.
Typical cardio exercise may be a little out of fashion these days, but I’m still a big supporter of moving your body and working up a serious sweat. Mixing things up and incorporating body weight cardio exercises is definitely helpful, but either way you approach it, if you get intense, you’ll see results.
This no equipment cardio workout can literally be done anywhere – home or gym, indoors or outdoors. You can definitely add equipment if you have it around, but using your body weight and some high-intensity movements, you’ll work up a sweat in no time.
More importantly, you’ll burn a ton of calories and fat, while also conditioning your muscles. Let’s get to the workout…
Equipment Free Cardio Workout
Perform 3 circuits of the following exercises, in order. That means doing 1 set of each without resting in between, then taking a 2-minute rest before running through it twice more. If you have the time, add a fourth circuit.
1. Squat and Plank – Start in a plank position and hold there for 3 counts. Then in one single movement, jump and pull your feet forward so that your feet land just behind your palms (to the outside of your arms). As you land, lower immediately into a deep squat position, then lift your buttocks slightly as you kick your legs back to starting position. Repeat, completing 10-12 reps in total.
2. March in Place – Stand with your feet at shoulder width. Bring one knee up towards your torso as high as you can get it, allowing your knee to bend and your foot to hang towards the floor. Hold it there for 2 counts before lowering it to starting position. Then lift the opposite knee, continuing in this way as you alternate between legs. You’ve got to really put some effort into this one and lift your knee as high as possible. Perform 12-15 reps per side.
3. Jump Squat – Stand with feet at shoulder width and lower into a deep squat, keeping your back as straight as possible and ensuring that your knees don’t extend beyond your toes as you lower. As you lift out of the squat, raise your arms towards the ceiling and jump off of the ground as high as possible. As your feet return to the floor, lower immediately back into the squat and repeat, completing 10-12 reps.
4. Wide Jumping Jack – Start by standing in a very wide stance, with feet wider than shoulder width and your butt low to the ground, knees bent at or close to 90 degrees. Extend your arms out to your sides, parallel to the floor. Then in one swift movement, jump and bring your feet together as you lift your palms up to meet overhead. Return to starting quickly, as if performing jumping jacks, but making sure to keep your stance wide and lower into a squat when jumping your feet outward. Repeat for 15-20 reps.
5. Traveling Knee Tucks – Start with your palms against the floor (elbows straight) and your feet extended backward, resting on your toes. Step forward with one foot at a time, but as you step, pull your knee close into your abdomen, alternating between knees and moving forward as you step. You can cross a room or your yard to do this one. Perform this one for 2 minutes.
6. Sprinting – Finish up with 2 minutes of sprinting, either from 1 side of the gym to the other or across an outdoor space.
Once you finish one circuit, rest for 2 minutes and repeat at least twice!
Looking for a good diet plan to help you lose weight? Try my Ultimate Fat Loss Diet Plan here. It offers the perfect nutritional support to go along with this fat-burning cardio workout routine.
Have any questions or feedback about my No Equipment Cardio Workout? Please leave a comment below…