Quick and On-the-Go Lunch Ideas = Ab Success
For most of us, lunch is typically eaten while on the go, either at work or in the middle of a hectic schedule. Unfortunately, this leads to a lot of unhealthy meals. After all, when you’re tight on time for lunch, it’s all about convenience.
The ideal lunch is one that’s both easy and healthy. With an eye for healthy choices, or a little prep work, you can totally set your self up for success and start toning those abs without pulling your hair out.
These lunch ideas aim to go for high protein, high fiber, and lots of veggies and the best part is that they are totally satisfying.
7 Easy and Healthy Lunch Ideas
1. Turkey & Veggie Wrap – Wraps are definitely my go-to lunch when I’m on the go. The wraps make them low in carbs, so I can avoid carb-loading at lunch. And with the right ingredients, they can be totally healthy. They’re also easy to make yourself and bring to work. Buy some whole wheat wraps, grill up some turkey breast, then fill the wrap with your favorite veggies like arugula, peppers, onions, and some fresh herbs like cilantro or basil. Another great combo includes: spinach, apple, lentils, celery, avocado, hummus, and cucumber.
2. California Chicken Salad – Toss together some romaine lettuce, fresh baby spinach, avocado, and fresh berries, and you’ve got a healthy and energizing base for a salad. Top this with some chopped almonds, grilled chicken, and lemon-olive oil dressing or balsamic vinaigrette for a complete taste-bud explosion. For extra convenience on the go, use a small can of flavored tuna instead – it’s super convenient.
3. Sushi – Sushi offers totally convenient and healthy lunch options. The omega 3 fats in seafood will give you some great energy and improve your mental focus for the rest of the day, plus the healthy fats in ingredients like salmon and avocado will rev up your metabolism and burn off some extra calories. Avoid tempura, and try to go for brown rice whenever possible.
4. Starbucks Bistro Box – Have to grab something out? Starbucks offers chicken and hummus box or the protein box when you’re really stuck on time that hit all the right checkboxes and since they’re made daily they are fresh and without perservatives
5. Bean Burrito – Like Mexican? Burritos can actually be pretty healthy if you choose the right ingredients. This means keeping the cheese to a minimum and skipping the whole fat sour cream. If you want to cut down on carbs even more, go for a salad bowl instead. And feel free to indulge with salsa as the vitamins in tomatoes are extremely beneficial to your cardiovascular health.
6. Subs & Sandwiches – Subs and sandwiches, whether you make them on your own or buy them out, can be healthy, but you have to be careful when it comes to topping choices. There’s isn’t anything healthy about a meatball sub. Always choose whole wheat wrap, skip the cheese, and go very light on the dressing and choose lean meats like turkey or chicken breast.
7. Spinach Salad – Spinach definitely made Popeye strong and is a great staple to include in your grocery list as it packs a large amount of vitamins and minerals which not only help with weight loss but also with muscle recovery after your workouts. Grill up some chicken, throw in some cut up fresh strawberries, a couple slices of orange, lime juice, walnuts and black pepper and you’ve got a powerhouse salad.
Looking for more healthy lunch ideas? Check out my Quinoa Salad Recipes here. With a little prep work, these make great lunches to take on the go.
This Healthy Cereal Bar Recipe also makes for the perfect healthy snack while at work. It’s high in protein and healthy carbs!
Have any questions or feedback about these healthy lunch ideas? Please leave a comment below…