Clean Energy with Whole Foods
You’ve probably faced that dreaded energy crash either at the start of your day or mid-day and trying to find the right method to break out of this rut can be quite a pain in the butt. We usually resort to coffee or something sugary which has little to no nutrient value and just adds calories to our diet.
Nothing good about it but what I like to do is a simple recipe which can help prevent me from grabbing a cup of coffee and allow me to have a good nights sleep instead.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can let the blender do all the hard work, and it only requires 3 whole food ingredients:
- Dates (dry or fresh both work)
- Pumpkin Seeds (or chia seeds)
- Strawberries (or pitted cherries work as well)
- Take equal parts of each ingredient, for instance 1/4 cup of dates, 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds, and 1/4 cup of strawberries
- Throw them into a blender (preferably a good food processor) and blend to make a thick paste
- Press into rectangles by hand or throw onto a pan and smooth out and then cut into rectangles
- Chill them and enjoy
Couldn’t really be any easier right? And you can try many alternatives to the fruit and/or seeds/nuts, just keep the date as it helps add the stickiness it requires.
Now you’ve got clean raw energy without any preservatives and the whole family can enjoy them too.
Have any other variations you’d recommend? Please leave a comment below…