20 Killer Fat Loss Nutrition Tips
Road-Map to Clean Eating
Alright, today I’m getting straight to the point and offering up some killer fat loss tips. These ones are all about nutrition. Let’s face it, you’re not going to lose the fat you want without getting serious about eating clean.
Many of these tips take things one step further, and offer strategies for boosting your metabolism and enhancing your body’s ability to burn fat.
If it’s time to get serious about your fat loss goals once and for all, these clean eating nutrition tips are for you. Try one, or try them all…
20 Killer Nutrition Tips to Lose Fat
1. Squeeze a Lemon – Lemon juice is a great all-natural metabolism enhancer. Squeeze some of the fresh stuff on your seafood, salad, or veggies for a serious fat burning boost. Or check out my article on Lemon Water Benefits here.
2. Spice it Up – Much like lemon juice, spices and hot ingredient are great metabolism boosters. Whether it’s cayenne pepper, chili powder, or hot sauce, adding it to your food will burn some extra calories.
3. Snack on Nuts – Nuts are one of the healthiest snacks you can eat, and although they’re high in fat, this fat is actually good for you in moderation, and can help distribute fat away from your waistline. Go for almonds and pistachios first.
4. Go Greek – When it comes to yogurt, make the switch to Greek yogurt. It’s incredibly high in protein, which will help you stay full and lose weight.
5. Start Your Day with Protein – Protein is especially important for starting your day and boosting your metabolism early on. Try one of these Protein Shake Recipes.
6. Go Whole Grain – Whole grains are lower in calories and are less likely to be converted to fat. So make the switch to whole grain and you’ll notice a serious improvement in your fat loss goals.
7. Add Quinoa to Your Diet – Quinoa is a great replacement for your same old carbohydrates. And it’s much healthier. Packed with protein and fiber, it’s the perfect fat loss carb.
8. Spread the Avocado – Looking for a healthy, fat-burning alternative to butter and margarine? Next time you make a sandwich, spread the avocado. It’s just as creamy and satisfying.
9. Buy Fresh Herbs – Fresh herbs are packed full of healthy vitamins and antioxidants, perfect ingredients for burning fat and losing weight.
10. Sprinkle the Chia Seeds – Chia seeds are a healthy, fat burning addition to any salad or protein shake. They’re high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Check out my Chia Seed Recipes here.
11. Roast Your Veggies – Bored of your same old vegetable dishes? An easy way to enjoy your veggies without adding the fat is to roast them. Simply place them on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil, and bake until golden brown.
12. Eat More Lentils – Eating more lentils and beans is an easy way to get more fiber and protein in your diet, and that means some serious fat loss. Better yet, try to replace your typical carbs with lentils and beans whenever possible.
13. Sweeten Naturally – If you’re still using processed white sugar, stop now. Sugar, especially the processed kind, just gets converted into fat. Instead, go for natural options like honey, maple syrup, molasses, or stevia whenever possible.
14. Get Your Oils Right – Cooking with the right kinds of oils is key to losing fat. Extra virgin olive oil, flaxseed oil and coconut oil are some of your healthiest options. In fact, coconut oil has actually been shown to offer your metabolism a serious boost.
15. Make Your Own Dressings – Making your own salad dressings is an easy way to keep the fat down and the nutrition up. Try one of my 5 Low Fat Salad Dressings here.
16. Cook with Ginger – Fresh ginger is an amazing metabolism booster and can offer some serious fat loss results. It’s super affordable, and it can easily be added to stir fry, poultry, or veggies.
17. Watch the Salt – Sodium and high-sodium foods contribute to water retention, which just leads to the appearance of more weight. So watch your salt, and try not to add it to your food.
18. Avoid Frozen Foods – Frozen foods are typically very high in sodium and other preservatives, and much lower in nutrition. Go fresh whenever possible, and try to stick to whole food ingredients.
19. Curb Cravings with Tea – Teas, whether caffeinated teas or herbal teas, are amazing appetite suppressants. They can totally put your cravings to rest, and on top of that, they even boost your metabolism. Green tea is one of the most powerful natural fat burners out there.
20. Snack Appropriately before Bed – Snacking before bed is perfectly fine, as long as you’re healthy about it. Take a look at my Healthy Bedtime Snacks here to get it right, and burn the fat!
Have any questions or feedback about these 20 Killer Fat Loss Nutrition Tips? Please leave a comment below…