5 Foods to Never Eat
When it comes to getting fit and toning up, the right diet means everything.
And if your fitness goals include getting a six pack, your diet is probably the most important factor to the success of your goals.
But there’s a lot of information floating around out there about what to eat and what not to eat. At the end of the day, it can be difficult sorting it all out, even for fitness experts like myself.
The truth is, the lines often get blurred, and a lot of your food choices really do come down to your own personal goals. Amount of protein, calorie restriction, fiber intake, it should all be adjusted according to your own lifestyle and program.
But there are a few foods that everyone living a healthy lifestyle should avoid, no matter the details of your own fitness plan. Let’s look at 5 foods you should never eat!
5 Foods to Never Eat
1. High Fructose Corn Syrup – You’ve probably heard about it, but this item definitely tops the list of foods you should never eat. This is a high-calorie sweetener extracted from corn that essentially kills your dieting and toning efforts. Your body can’t process high fructose corn syrup the same way that it does table sugar, so it’s more likely to be stored as fat deposits and mess up your blood glucose levels. Watch your labels!
2. Potato Chips – Sorry, but this one’s another given on this list. Potato chips (and French fries) are a starchy snack, in addition to being loaded with trans fats as a result of frying. In fact, I would probably suggest avoiding all fried foods if you’re really trying to tone up. Trans fats are the worst for your waist line!
If you’re looking for a good option for cooking at home, try using Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil. It contains a unique type of fat that actually promotes weight loss.
3. White Flour – I talk about this one quite a bit, and it’s one of the first things I tell my clients to give up. White flour (also referred to as enriched or bleached flour) has basically been stripped of most of its nutrition (vitamins, proteins, fiber). When you ingest it, it’s pretty much instantly converted to sugar by your body, which isn’t good for controlling cravings! Go whole grain, period.
4. Frozen Dinners – Here’s the deal with frozen dinners. They’re full of preservatives, they’re lacking in vitamins and nutrients, and they’re almost always full of chemicals or altered in some way. Always choose fresh, even if it’s a bit more work.
5. Fast Food – Okay, not all fast food is horrible for you nowadays. If you’re smart about it, some fat food can work with a healthy diet, but you really need to be smart. For the most part, fast food is full of trans fats, sugars, and white flour, so it’s all around a bad option for a fit body. Even salads offered by fast food joints include ingredients (eg. the dressing) that are full of fat!
If you’re living a busy lifestyle and need a healthy snack on the go, check out these healthy whole food protein bars – Pure Naturals Crunch Bars.
Have any questions or feedback about 5 Foods to Never Eat? Please leave a comment below…