Supplements to Boost Your Workouts
No time is better than now in making a smart decision for enhancing your diet with the best of the best supplements to help you lose body fat & increase lean muscle.
There is no doubt that having the right nutrition plan is paramount but it can definitely be enhanced by the right supplements giving you a total edge so you can achieve the lean muscle results you’ve always envied in others.
The trick is not relying entirely on supplements alone for magic results. As much as we all wish they did, you can’t just sit on your butt and expect that the claims the supplement company is making on the bottle to give you ripped abs. But hopefully that’s pretty obvious to you now and we’re going to look at what you can take and when to help you enhance your results.
Here are the top 20 workout supplements of 2014 that are not only getting a lot of continual buzz but are backed up by tons of positive reviews around the web and really can help you take it up a notch.
The 20 Best Supplements for 2014
1. Optimum 100% Natural Whey – This continues to stay at the top of my list as one of the highest quality whey protein supplements on the market and is free of artificial colors, flavours and most importantly sweetners. It has always gotten great reviews, and if you don’t already include a protein supplement in your diet plan, this is the one to start with in the mornings and after your workouts.
2. Optimum 100% Natural Casein – For a time released protein option, and something that will keep your muscles fueled all day long, try this casein protein. It takes longer to digest and will better sustain muscle recovery over time.
3. Essential Amino Energy – if you have a hard time getting motivation to the gym or find that you can’t seem to keep your energy going through your workout to take you to the next level of losing that extra 10 pounds then this is the workout supplement that is designed for you. It is a powerful energy booster and will keep you moving throughout your workout.
4. CLA Core – For both fat burning and healthy body composition, try this unique blend of CLA, a unique essential fatty acid that boosts metabolism and helps loss of body fat. It’s not one that will give overnight results but there have been hundreds of clinical studies which have shown that CLA is great at reducing body fat over 5 weeks and an added bonus is that it has been found to help fight tumours, check out this article Wikipedia.
5. BCAA 3:1:2 – This tri-amino acid blend is scientifally designed to help you recover faster from your workout which in turn means you can train harder the next time you’re training and that means quicker fat loss and more lean muscle mass production. This is a staple for any fitness athlete or serious competitor (especially those of you in Crossfit or running marathons).
6. Opti-Women and Opti-Men – whether you’re a woman or a man optimum nutrition has designed an absolutely brilliant blend of high quality vitamins & essential minerals with one focus in mind – to help you perform at your absolute best. The thousands of reviews really back up the quality of this product.
7. Now Ultra Omega-3 – omega 3 fatty acids from fish oil is proven to be an amazing support for cardiovascular health and brain function. Now’s Omega 3 is tested to be free of harmful contaminants like mercury and is kept to the highest quality standards in the marketplace.
8. Cellucor 7-Keto CLK – Cellucor is the pioneer in stimulant-free fat burners and this blend of 7-Keto, Raspberry Ketones, Carnitine and CLA is the best in the market to help you reduce overall body fat without feeling all jittery from other products that offer similar results.
9. Mega-T Green Tea with South African Hoodia – This one combines the power of green tea and the natural appetite suppressant from cacti called South African hoodia. The key results are focused around helping you get the toning and cutting results you’re looking for. It has pretty decent reviews and have added ingredients like Guarna and Chromium to stimulate your fat burning metabolism.
10. Optimum Creatine Powder – Creatine is a supplement that can be taken safely to boost muscle production and is backed up by an enormous amount of non-biased scientific studies. The only side effect is a little bit of water gain, but the extra water can help your body flush out toxins and promote healthy muscle synthesis.
11. Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer & Sport Recovery – There aren’t too many natural plant-based vegan options out there for workout supplements, especially when you are looking for help in both pre-workout and post-workout but Vega is the leader in the space and the rawness of the ingredients really saves your body from having to process and just gets right down to it.
12. MyoFusion Advanced Protein –Myofusion is without a doubt of the best tasting protein supplements in the market and it’s new advanced series is awesome in providing a huge support to your ability to build lean muscle mass.
13. Optimum Glutamine – Amino acids can go a long way to boost muscle building results, improving recovery and giving your muscles the building blocks they need. Glutamine is one of the best amino acids you can find and this one is nothing but the main ingredient.
14. Vega Sport Chocolate Coconut Protein Bars – Looking for a healthy protein bar to support your workout routine? These Vega protein bars are great tasting, and they’re made of whole food ingredients so your body can quickly metabolism the protein and feed your muscles.
15. Optimum Nutrition Glucoasmine – For better joint and bone health, make sure you add a solid glucosamine supplement like this one to your diet. It will ensure better recovery.
16. AI Sports Nutrition HGH Pro – HGH also known as human growth hormone is controversial and yet naturally occurring in the human body so supplementing with it is most important for those of you who train hard and don’t take enough time to rest during the week or especially for those of you who don’t get enough deep sleep. This new supplement by AI Sports promotes balanced human growth hormone levels and improves sleep which means that you can recover quicker and have better results from all your work.
17. Optimum ZMA – A blend of 3 vitamins and minerals shown to support muscle recovery via restful sleep and a boost in testosterone which beneficial for women too.
18. Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump MAX – Need to get energized before your workouts? Try this killer pre-workout powder for improved energy and better muscle endurance. This product has thousands of amazing reviews because it works and doesn’t cause a huge crash.
19. Vega Sport Performance Protein – For a plant-based non-soy based protein there aren’t many companies who can compete on the base of ingredients and this protein is designed specially to help improve exercise performance and muscle synthesis.
20. Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds – You may not think of these as being a workout supplement, but they can actually help out a lot. High in protein, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids for improved fat loss, they’re the perfect ingredient to add to your protein shakes.
Have any questions or feedback about these Top 20 Workout Supplements of 2014? Please leave a comment below…