What’s Getting in the Way of Your Abs?
It’s the same old story – you plan to eat healthy all week, but you end up running short on time and going for the fast food.
And lunches are by far the worst. In just one week of fast food lunches and quick grabs, you’ll totally wreak havoc on your abs diet plan. But a little planning can go a long way, and that’s exactly what I’m going to help you with today.
I’m offering up an easy solution to your daily lunch dilemma, by reviewing a complete lunch on-the-go plan. This series of lunches will keep you in line with your abs diet plan, maintaining a healthy boosted metabolism and a slim toned waistline.
First thing first, you need to hit the grocery store…
Step 1: The Grocery List
Here’s what you’ll need for your week of healthy, ab-toning lunch ideas. It’s not that long of a list, when you consider a week’s worth of lunches!
- 1 cup of uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup of uncooked brown rice pasta (penne)
- 2 whole grain tortilla wraps (medium size)
- 1 can of organic black beans
- 1/c cup of roasted almonds
- 8 ounces of skinless boneless chicken breast (1-2 pieces)
- 8 ounces of lean beef (sirloin steak)
- 1 cup of low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package of pre-washed organic baby spinach
- 1 bag of mixed veggies, frozen
- 1 ripened avocado
- 1 apple (Gala or Fuji)
- 1 small container of fat-free Greek yogurt
- Extra virgin olive oil (cold-pressed)
- Red wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
Step 2: The Weekend Prep
Start by whisking together 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 4 teaspoons of red wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste, and coat your chicken and steak with this mixture (in separate dishes). Allow to marinade for 20 minutes, then cook both meats on a grill or in a skillet on the stove top until cooked to desired consistency. Once cooked, chop up the chicken and slice the steak, and set aside.
Next, cook the rice and pasta on the stovetop in separate pots according to the directions on the packaging. While they’re cooking, drain and rinse the black beans and set aside, and chop your almonds. Start preparing your chicken salad by mixing 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl. Chop up the apple into small pieces, and add the apple, half of your chopped chicken, and half of your chopped almonds to the yogurt mixture.
Place your chicken salad mixture, remaining chicken, sliced steak, black beans, cooked rice, and cooked pasta in separate containers and store in the fridge. Mix the remaining Greek yogurt with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar and store separately. Finally, cook 3 cups of your veggies in the microwave and store in the fridge alongside your other lunch ingredients.
Step 3: The Assembly
Now, as the week progresses, you can quickly and easily combine these ingredients for tasty, healthy lunches. I recommend preparing each lunch the night before – I guarantee you’ll spend no more than 5 minutes doing this! Here are just some of the ways you can combine these healthy ingredients:
- Chicken Salad & Spinach Wrap – Grab a whole grain tortilla wrap, add a couple scoops of chicken salad and some spinach, and you’re ready to go. Enjoy with a side of veggies.
- Steak & Avocado Wrap – Add some steak, shredded cheddar cheese, and avocado slices to a tortilla wrap for a delicious and satisfying lunch.
- Chicken or Steak Rice Bowl – Make a simple and easy rice bowl by combining half a cup of cooked rice with some of your veggies, a little spinach, and either the remaining cooked chicken or some steak slices.
- Black Beans & Rice – If you want a veggie lunch option, mix some of your rice with your black beans, some avocado slices, drizzle with some of your Greek yogurt dressing.
- Pasta with Steak or Chicken – Easily combine some of your pasta with your veggies, drizzle with a little bit of your yogurt dressing, and top with chicken or steak for a tasty cold pasta dish.
- Chicken Pasta Salad – Another easy way to do the pasta is to top it with some of your chicken salad and spinach. Give it a good mix, and you have another tasty cold pasta dish.
- Spinach Salad with Steak or Chicken – If you want to cut down on your carbs one day, enjoy a spinach salad drizzled with your Greek yogurt dressing and topped with chicken or steak, cheddar cheese, and some sliced avocado.
- Veggie & Cheese Wrap – For another tasty veggie option, combine some black beans, veggies, spinach, avocado, and shredded cheese in a tortilla wrap.
As you can see, there are a lot of ways you can mix and match these ingredients to keep your lunches going all week long! Planning ahead like this can make a big difference, and really keep you on track with your ab diet goals!
Have any questions or feedback about these Abs Diet Healthy Lunch Ideas? Please leave a comment below…