Fitness Plan Women: Phase 2 Part 2
Looks like we’ve got some great momentum building up with more and more women taking part of this fitness plan and challenge to be toned up for early summer.
Now we’re going to look at the second part of the workout routine where our focus is going to be thighs, butt, and calves. The idea here is start building some strength and replace the fat and cellulite with muscle to give a smoother tone to your skin.
Other than an aesthetic benefit you’re going to start feeling stronger and more confident in your walk, especially when you wear high heels. Just a note since we’re talking about shoes, make sure you have some high quality athletic shoes which provide great support and a natural arch for your foot. It’s definitely worth the extra dollars to go to a running shoe store where they will look at your walk and measure the width of your feet so they can recommend the right shoe specifically for you. Great shoes means better results through better support for your spine!
Let’s get right into it, you should have already done Day 1 and Day 2 of Fitness Plan for Women Phase 2.
Fitness Plan Women Phase 2: Day 3 Workout Routine
- 7 minutes warming up on treadmill at 1.0 level gradation. Start with 2 minutes at 3.5mph and build up to 5.0 mph. For those wanting to make this a little advanced you can build up to 6.0 mph
- 3 sets of 10 reps lunges each leg with dumbbells. Back straight, lunge forward with one leg and come down so knee is 90 degrees with floor. Keep your abs tight and push back up. Repeat for 10 reps and then switch to other leg. Good idea to watch your form in the mirror with this exercise. (view image)
- 3 sets of 10 reps squats with light dumbbells. Grab some light dumbbells 2.5 or 5lbs and face a mirror with feet shoulder width apart. Squat down so knees are 90 degrees with floor and keep your abs tight. Slowly push back up and feel the burn in your thighs and butt. (view image)
- 3 sets of 12 repetitions step ups on both sides. Get a step up board and hold some light dumbbells. Step up with one foot and then push the other knee up into the air. Do 12 repetitions and then switch to other leg. Look at image for better explanation -> (view image)
- 3 sets of 10 reps hip raises on mat. Lie flat on your back and bring your knees up while feet are still on floor. Now thrust your hips up into the air and hold for 2 seconds before lowering. (view image)
- 3 sets of 10 reps standing calf raises. Find a step and stand on the edge with all your weight on the front part of your foot. Now raise by pushing down with your toes. Lower slowly and repeat. (view image)
- 10 minutes cool down on treadmill at 1.0 level gradation. Start at 4.0 mph and build up to 5.0 mph after 2 minutes. Reduce to 3.0 mph for last 2 minutes. For those wanting to make this a little advanced you can build up to 6.0 mph
Fitness Plan Women Phase 2: Day 4 Workout Routine
Guess what? You get another rest day here, with your rest day including a 30 minute brisk walk. Make it to the grocery store and come back with some groceries to make it a little more challenging. If a grocery store is not anywhere near then try finding a hill to keep the challenge.
Fitness Plan Women Phase 2 Conclusion
How do you like them apples now? I have to say I’m pretty happy with this new fitness plan! It has some great exercises for your thighs, calves, and butt and is going to build a super strong foundation for the more challenging phases in the following weeks ahead. Hopefully you have some other friends joining you in on this challenge, it’s going to be exciting to see the results you all get (remember to take a before photo if you haven’t done so yet!)
Your next workout includes exercises to strengthen your back and give you a sexy posture which really turns heads when you walk! Read the article here – Fitness Plan Women: Phase 2 Part 3.
Please leave me feedback for part 2 of this workout. How does it feel after you’re done? Did you have any questions come up?
I don’t have access to a treadmill. What can I do in place of?
You can get outside and run or you can try jumping rope, other than that biking, swimming or hiking are good alternatives.
I love it! Thanks!
Holy smokes!!! The lunges about killed me but I pushed through. Thank God!!!