Workout Plan for Men: Phase 2
Hopefully you have already read Phase 1 and got a workout journal to write down your objectives in. Now I will be giving you Day 1 & Day 2 of the workout plan (for those who didn’t read the first day please go here – Workout Plan for Men Phase 1).
In this article the goal is to get you into a training regimen which will help you define your core and build strength in your biceps/triceps. It might not seem like it’s super intensive, but don’t fret, the idea here is to prep your body for what’s to come in the following weeks as it gets significantly more challenging. I will also be giving tips on how to modify the workout to match your level of fitness.
Let’s get started!
Workout Plan for Men Phase 2: Day 1 Routine
- 7 minutes warming up on treadmill at 1.0 level gradation. Start with 2 minutes at 3.5mph and build up to 5.0 mph. For those wanting to make this a little advanced you can build up to 7.0 mph
- 3 sets of 10 reps ab crunches on stability ball. Make sure to keep the movement slow and controlled and don’t place any pressure on your neck. (view image)
- 3 sets of 10 reps push ups. Keep your head in alignment with your upper body, most guys curve their neck with this exercise so pretend like you have a flat board on your back. (view image)
- 3 sets of plank – hold for 15 seconds. Again keep your neck in alignment with your back and focus on keeping your abs tight. For those wanting to make this a little more advanced, hold for 30 seconds. (view image)
- 3 sets of 10 reps preacher curls with barbell. Aim for 10-15lb weights on each side and keep your abs tight. (view image)
- 3 sets of 10 reps dips on bench. Keep your elbows in and focus on placing weight on your triceps alone. Squeeze at the top of the movement (view image)
- 3 sets of 10 reps bicep curls with dumbbells on each side. The key with this exercise is to keep your elbows in at your sides and don’t let them move much, you should be using 20-25lb dumbbells at this level. Also keep your shoulder blades back. (view image)
- 3 sets of 10 reps seated triceps press with dumbbell. Aim for a 25lbs dumbbell and keep your elbows close to your head. Your elbow joint should be the fulcrum of the movement and keep a slight bend at the top. (view image)
- 10 minutes cool down on treadmill at 1.0 level gradation. Start at 4.0 mph and build up to 6.0 mph after 2 minutes. Reduce to 3.0 mph for last 2 minutes. For those wanting to make this a little advanced you can build up to 7.0 mph
Workout Plan for Men Phase 2: Day 2 Workout Routine
This will be your rest day, but by rest I don’t mean sitting on your butt! Include at least a 30 minute quick walk. Make sure to schedule this in and don’t make excuses as it will be critical to your long term success as it will keep your metabolism burning the fat at an accelerated pace.
Workout Plan for Men Phase 2 Conclusion
Here we go, we have the first day of this workout routine where we are targeting your core, biceps and triceps muscles. This is a great intro to building a strong foundation and you can feel free to increase or reduce the weights with your weights to match your level. What you should be looking for is that the last few reps are very challenging.
The 2nd day is your rest day but you need to stay off your butt for at least 30 minutes. Be serious about this and don’t go to the gym so you can allow your muscles to recover and go stronger for the next workout day. The 3rd day is your chest and back, go here – Workout Plan for Men Phase 2 Part 2.
Diet plan is coming soon but in the meantime hydration should be something you’re always aware of. Have at least a glass or two of water an hour before working out. Water will allow your muscles to get all the nutrients they need for maximum function.
Have any questions about the first 2 days of this workout plan Phase 2? Please leave a comment below…