15 Minute Fat Burning Workout
We’ve all been there, rushing home from work/school/errands and running off to do another thing all the while thinking about the fact that we are feeling pretty frumpy and storing excess fat in our lower ab area.
Sometimes the whole issue of time can be so unkind and if we only had more of it we could spend more attention to making sure our bodies are running optimally with the right kind of foods and the adequate amount of intense exercise. You’re with me here on this one right?
If so some of you may have also tried exercise videos like P90X but found that they can get extremely repetitive after only doing them a few times. So what I’d like to do if start providing you with a whole series of 15 minute workouts that are able to keep you on top of your game but at the same time be intense enough to burn through fat not only during the workout but for some time afterward.
I’ll do you a favour and include detailed descriptions of what you should be looking out for in this 15 minute fat burning workout because the right form and focus will get you much much better results.
The 15 Minute Fat Burning Workout
Fat Burning Warm Up: Jumping Jacks
Firstly I always want you to get all your muscles warmed up so we’ll start out with doing jumping jacks for 5 minutes. The first minute start really slow and get your timing right. I like to have high quality running shoes for this in order to help absorb some of the impact and provide adequate ankle support at the same time. As you’re going into the second minute increase your speed, so by the last minute you are going as fast as you can.
You should have a pretty good sweat going and you’ll have worked all the muscles in your body from shoulders to feet. One point to think about is keeping your abs tight especially as you get faster. In fact, your abs should be so tight that someone should be able to punch you in the stomach while you’re doing this and you wouldn’t even flinch!
Now we’re going to get into the 3 exercise super-set. By super-set I mean doing one exercise after another without resting. Doing all three exercises in succession equals one set after which you can have a 30-60 second break. You’ll be aiming for doing 3 sets total (ie. 3 sets of all 3 exercises below).
Fat Burning Exercise 1: Mountain Climbers with Bosu Ball/Balancing Board
Now we’re going to get into a pretty intense core exercise which will also tone up your butt and arms at the same time. If you can do this with a bosu ball even better but any kind of balance board will also do. (view exercise)
- Place your hand on bosu ball with your eyes at same parallel as your hands. You are basically in a plank position.
- Tighten your abs and have a slight bend at your elbows
- Now you are going to tuck in one knee to your abs while keeping the other leg completely stable. Your arms will also be completely stable.
- Alternate tucking in knees and keep your lower back down
- Go for as close to 30 seconds as you can, and the faster the better
Fat Burning Exercise 2: Pushup and Row on Dumbbells
This is one tough exercise but you’ll love it because it works to tone and add definition to your chest, arms and back. You can alter the dumbbell weight based on your level of strength. For anyone who has difficulty with pushups, you can place your knees on the floor but try your best to avoid this when you can. (view exercise)
- Get in a pushup position with your hands on dumbbells and palms facing each other
- Your back should be completely straight as if someone were going to place a board across it
- Lower slowly with a 2 count
- Raise with a 2 count and at the top bring one of the dumbbells to the side of your chest
- Try your best not to twist your body, your head should be facing the floor at all times
- Now repeat with the other side
- Go for 12-14 repetitions or 30 seconds
Fat Burning Exercise 3: Jump Squat and Curl with Dumbbells
Nothing works out your butt like squats do, so imagine adding in a jump and also doing some curls so you get strong biceps in the process? Again you can vary the weight of the dumbbells depending on your level but I would recommend starting out pretty light so you get the entire movement first. (view exercise)
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and stand with feet shoulder width apart
- Slowly lower with dumbbells at your side
- You need to come down far enough as if you were going to sit on a bench
- Now build your energy and push with your feet down so you jump up
- Upon landing quickly curl both dumbbells up and flex your biceps
- Keep your abs tight throughout the movement and make sure your knees are directly above your feet at all times
- Go for 10-12 repetitions or 30 seconds
Recommended Supplements to Boost Your Fat Burning Workout
With time being short, supplementation can be a great way to make sure you have all the right components to get the best results as quick as possible:
- Whey Protein for Lean Muscle Production (Try: Optimum Platinum Hydrowhey or Combat Powder)
- Thermogenic Fat Burner (Try: Muscle Pharm Shred Matrix or Magnum Nutraceuticals CLA)
- Fish Oil Omega’s for Optimal Energy & Focus (Try: AllMax Nutrition Omega 3 or NOW Ultra Omega-3)
- Sports Drink for Motivation & Maximum Force (Try: USPLabs Jack3d or SuperPump 250)
- BCAA’s for Muscle Recovery (Try: Muscle Pharm Recon or Scivation Xtend)
15 Minute Fat Burning Workout: Conclusion
This is a pretty sweet workout, it brings in pretty much even single muscle in your body and will get you grasping for air once you’ve done the superset three times! The best part of this workout is that you can do it at with just some dumbbells and a balance board. If you want to add any variation you can jump rope instead of doing the jumping jacks, and you can do a shoulder press with the dumbbells after you do the bicep curl in exercise 3.
Like this 15 Minute Fat Burning Workout? Please leave me a comment below and let me know if you have questions or want to see more workouts like this…