Build A Six Pack Fast
The real question may be, is it even possible to build a six pack fast? Well, obviously this depends on where you are now in your body fat percentage, but let’s put that type of thinking aside as it can lead down a negative path.
Instead let’s do whatever we can to make building a six pack as fast as possible. This will involve a 360 approach with respect to your training, diet and sleep/rest.
You’ll eliminate all the bandits getting in your way if you follow this advice right down to the tee.
Let’s jump in…
Build A Six Pack Fast: Training
If you’re goal is to tone up and slim down then that means your training has to be focused strictly on stripping fat. That means instead of going with heavy weights, you’ll want to go with higher reps and include circuit style training.
In addition, you’ll want to include ample cardio 3-4 times a week of which 1 or 2 sessions involves High Intensity Interval Training. One of the best workout articles on this site is the ultimate treadmill workout routine (or similar is the latest Jillian Michaels Treadmill Workout) which will push even the most advanced of you reading this. If you’re a beginner, don’t fret though, just take the concept and push yourself through each session. That’s all that really matters in shocking your system to lose fat.
So this is what your mission with your training 3 days a week of high rep resistance training with weights plus one core day and cardio 3-4 times a week as well. Of course, they can be overlapping because you will want to have at least 1 day a week of rest, but more on that later.
For full workout plans including all the items listed above check out the Workouts & Training section of the site to find one that is most suitable to your needs.
Build A Six Pack Fast: Nutrition & Supplementation
The above probably sounds intense for a lot of you and having the right nutrition and supplementation is going to be critical in supporting your challenging training schedule.
First and foremost those of you who want to take a short-cut with fat burning pills, I would advise doing everything in you power to avoid this and seeing what kind of results you get, but I know some of you will want to forgo this advice so I will mention that the highest quality thermogenic fat burners that I’ve come across are USPlabs OxyELITE Pro followed by Magnum Nutraceuticals CLA.
If you’re looking for natural thermogenic supplements that are a little more gentle then Irwin Naturals Green Tea Fat Metabolizer is an excellent alternative since it contains green tea and ginger root extract.
Ok, now with respect to your diet you will want to eat clean and healthy foods that are not processed. But let’s explain this a little further by making sure you know what to avoid…
- They contain far too many fillers and that translates to extra fat, simply because your body does not recognize those foreign substances and therefore harbors them as harmful toxins or fat.
- Since they are convenience foods and need to last for longer periods of time, they are loaded with preservatives.
- Some of the worst offenders are: Fast food restaurants (burgers, milkshakes and fries), Chips, Canned foods, Sodas etc.
- These foods almost always are extremely high in fat, sugar and sodium, and lack essential minerals and vitamins, as well as protein and fiber.
Instead focus on as many natural raw foods as possible. This includes lean meats, eggs, low-fat dairy, beans, fruits and veggies.
Muffin Top – Fatty foods
- There is a big misconception in this area in terms of all fats are bad for you. When it’s more about the quality and quantity of fats that you choose. Bad ones are saturated; meaning that its entire molecule is more difficult to break down in the body and utilize.
- Some high fat content contenders that really wreck havoc when trying to attain those washboard abs are: High fat dairy products (cheese, full-fat milk, sour cream etc). Other harmful fats are processed poly or trans fat such as those found in margarine and butter alternatives.
- These fats wreak havoc in our bodies and often cause high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
Instead make sure to have fish a couple times a week and try an Omega 3 supplement like AllMax Nutrition Omega 3 which has the essential fatty acids your body particularly needs for optimal cardiovascular function.
Beer Belly Alcohol
- Alcohol including wine inhibits brain functioning and inhibits our judgement. Therefore you may not be choosing healthy foods but instead filling up on foods that have few nutrients and are high in fats and sugars.
- Contains excessive simple carbs which spike glucose levels causing weight gain.
Instead opt for cranberry with soda to get the antioxidants just like that found in wine.
Sweet Tooth – Sugar
- This one is particularly hard to give up as many of you associate it with a comfort food. Often we try to soothe bad emotions with a tub of ice cream. But, if you want results you need to sacrifice certain areas in your life that you are used to surrendering too. Besides you need to learn to deal with negative emotions so they do not resurface later on in life, setting you back again.
- Sugars similar to alcohol contain too many simple carbohydrates and again lack protein and fiber. Beginning to see a pattern?
- Some big offenders of excess sugar are: candy, cookies, and cakes.
To curb sweet cravings reach for fruit (dried or raw), its low calorie (careful of dried fruit as it does contain double the calories of raw) and is nutrient dense. Another excellent alternative is having a low-calorie whey protein on stand-by such as the chocolate milk or vanilla flavour of Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion
- Salt is horrible for inhibiting you from attaining that sculpted look, mainly because it retains fluid in the body, or in other words bloating. A horrible feeling and an even a bigger dent on your six pack.
- The water retention and high blood sodium levels also lead to weight gain and high blood pressure which not only leads to ruining your abs, but your general health as well.
Build A Six Pack Fast: Rest and Relaxation
Lack of sleep and high stress environments are extremely detrimental to your six pack efforts so do absolutely whatever you can in your power to make sure you are getting about 8 hours of sleep a night and removing whatever it is that is causing you the stress. If it’s work then create a plan to fix this, and if its kids then hire a nanny or ask your parents to help out more. No excuses here!
If you need some help with sleep and don’t want to take melatonin or other habbit forming sleeping aids then you may want to try a zinc-magnesium supplement like Muscle Pharm Bullet Proof or NOW ZMA.
Have any questions or feedback about how to build a six pack fast? Please leave a comment below…