Lean Sexy Body: 20 Minute Toning Workout
Get On The Right Track to Getting Toned
I don’t know about you but when I see someone who is ripped I always wonder what they did to get to that level of being in pristine shape and it’s a goal that would be so incredible to reach. Breaking down the formula is something I’ve devoted myself to and as much as genetics have a role to play there are definitely some tips to include in your training program.
First and foremost, you need to push hard, in fact push just a little harder each day you train so you can also take it a step at a time. Successful toning results require that you burn a lot of calories and fat, and that only happens when you continue to go harder each week. To help you get in the right mindset, check out these Best 10 Workout Motivation Tips.
Second a solid toning workout is in order and one of the best approaches to toning is a combination of targeted and full body exercises that combine resistance training and cardiovascular exercise.
In addition to dedicating each day to a different muscle group, you can spend 20 minutes a day at least 3 days a week focusing on total body toning. Here’s what a typical week might look like according to this approach:
- Day 1: Back and Biceps
- Day 2: Legs, followed by 20 Minute Toning Workout
- Day 3: Chest and Triceps
- Day 4: Shoulders, followed by 20 Minute Toning Workout
- Day 5 Abs & Core, followed by 20 Minute Toning Workout
You can definitely mix things up the way you’d like, but the idea is to tack on this 20 minute toning workout to at least 3 days of your fitness routine. By doing so, you’ll totally boost your toning results and get closer to that ripped body you’re aiming for.
Ready for the workout?
Get Ripped with this 20 Minute Toning Workout
Your goal is to perform this workout at least 3 days a week, in combination with your muscle-building and strengthening workout routine.
Run through this workout twice, performing each exercise back to back with little-to-no rest in between.
- 1 minute of jump rope
- 1 minute of step-ups on bench – To view this exercise, click here.
- 12 reps of woodchopper, each side – To view this exercise, click here.
- 12 butt toners with arm lifts, each side – To view this exercise, click here.
- 1 minute of plank – To view this exercise, click here.
- Ab crunches until exhaustion (aim for 20) – To view this exercise, click here.
- 30 seconds of side plank, each side – To view this exercise, click here.
- 30 seconds of hip lifts – To view this exercise, click here.
- 12 reps of superman, holding for 10 seconds per rep – To view this exercise, click here.
- 1 minute of knee tucks on bench – To view this exercise, click here.
- 1 minute of jumping jacks
And that’s it! These exercises are all pretty basic, but they’ll challenge your body in ways that your typical routine won’t. The toning results will speak for themselves, and that ripped body you’ve been working towards will be a little closer at hand.
Have any questions or feedback about this 20 Minute Toning Workout? Please leave a comment below…