Weight Training Programs for Men
Getting real results from your weight training all comes down to having a solid weight training program. Today, I’m reviewing some of my best weight training programs, specifically designed for men!
But before I get to my favorite programs and routines, I want to review the basic principles of any good workout program. Making the right decisions about these factors is an important step to implementing any good and effective program.
1. Frequency – First, you need to decide how often you’re going to be hitting the gym. Generally the first thing you need to think of here is your available time. If you don’t have the time to commit to 5 days a week, then don’t plan on it. You’ll only be setting yourself up for failure. But no matter your goals, I always recommend aiming for 3-5 days a week.
2. Intensity – Intensity is where your goals play a much bigger role in your workout program. How intense you want to get really depends on the results you want to see. If you want to see significant results fast, then I recommend workouts of 45 minutes to an hour in length. For general health and fitness, 30 minutes will do.
3. Focus – Do you want to train only 1 or 2 muscle groups each day? Or do you prefer the variety and results of full body or upper/lower body split workouts? In most cases, if you’re looking for serious results, I recommend getting a little more focused.
4. Number of Repetitions – Number of reps should vary depending on your intended outcome. If you’re trying to pack on the mass and build strength, you want to lower your reps to the 6-8 range (per set) or even lower. To improve your fat burning results, increase your reps to somewhere in the 12-15 range, or simply keep things balanced in the 8-12 rep range.
5. Number of Sets – Lastly, you need to decide on number of sets. This is related to intensity in a number of ways, as well as your available time and your workout goals. If you’re looking for serious results in either the fat burning or muscle building arenas, getting out 4 or even 5 sets for some exercises can be very effective. But if your goals are less extreme, the traditional 2 or 3 sets will do. Something is always better than nothing!
Okay, now let’s take a look at some hard-hitting weight training programs for men…
Best Weight Training Programs for Men
Over the years, I’ve developed a number of highly effective weight training programs for me. Here are some of my best:
- Hugh Jackman Wolverine Workout – This program requires a commitment of 5 days a week. This is one of the most traditional and effective approaches to weight training for men, in terms of focus and intensity.
- Chris Evans Workout – This program takes things up a notch and incorporates high intensity interval training (HIIT) into a 5 day program. For those men looking to get ripped, this one’s for you!
- Spartacus Workout – And if you thought it couldn’t get any more serious, this Spartacus workout manages to do it with 2 dedicated days of HIIT and a total of 6 workout days!
- Christian Bale Workout Plan – For something a little more dynamic, this celebrity workout only requires 4 days a week and incorporates more compound exercises.
- Best Results Ab Workout – Looking for a killer ab workout to include in your program? Give this one a try. Just twice a week will give you killer six pack results!
- Lower Body Workout for Men – Finally, I’m leaving you with a heavy-hitting dedicated lower body workout designed specifically for men. If your lower body is the only part of your routine in need of improvement, then give this one a try – and stop neglecting legs!
For even more men’s weight training programs, check out my ultra popular article on Free Workout Routines for Men which features 3 full workout plans!
Have any questions or feedback about these Weight Training Programs for Men? Please leave a comment below…