Top 10 Workout Supplements 2013
2013 is a big leap year in the supplement world, and that means it’s time to revamp your supplement arsenal. Trends are for more advanced workout supplements that play a big role in getting real results at the gym, so I’ve put together the low down on the top workout supplements of 2013.
For those of you who haven’t given workout supplements a chance, I highly recommend finding a couple items on this list that suit your needs. Workout supplements today are highly effective, safe, and relatively affordable when you consider them on a serving by serving basis.
And for those of you who already include supplements as a normal part of your workout program, I recommend switching things up and trying something new. Just like your muscles get used to the same exercises over time, your body gets used to the same supplements and their effects can decline. Whether it’s a new amino acid supplement or a different take on protein, throw something new into the mix!
So here they are, my top 10 workout supplements of 2013!
Top 10 Workout Supplements 2013
1. Optimum 100% Natural Whey Protein – This one has made my top 10 list year after year, and it continues to be a heavy hitter in the world of workout supplements. This whey protein isolate is completely pure and fast-acting, due to its unique micro-filtering process. It also contains over 5 grams of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) for total muscle support and recovery. There are a number of great tasting flavors to choose from, and this stuff mixes super easily.
Try one of my all-time favorite protein supplements here – Optimum 100% Natural Whey
2. MusclePharm Combat Powder – If you’re looking to take things to the next level with your protein supplement, then step it up a notch with Combat Powder. This whey protein isolate is an advanced time released protein, which means it takes longer to digest and will continue feeding your muscles for hours after intake – up to 8 hours after! This one’s a favorite of novice weight lifters and seasoned cross-fitters alike.
Hit it hard with this serious workout supplement – Combat Powder
3. Optimum Opti-Men – Every good supplement arsenal needs a good multivitamin, and this supplement offers just that and more. Opt-Men contains all the basic vitamins and minerals of a typical multivitamin, plus added doses of what really matters to men and a handful of other healthy ingredients, including plant-based phyto-nutrients, antioxidants, and enzymes to aid in digestion and boost metabolism. It also supports an active lifestyle with a unique blend of amino acids.
You can’t go wrong with this multivitamin – Optimum Opti-Men
4. Optimum Opti-Women – For women, Optimum has created an equally successful multivitamin for women, specifically designed to support your unique needs. With added calcium and estrogen-boosting additives, this is a single solution to your nutritional needs!
Add this essential supplement to your diet plan today – Optimum Opti-Women
5. Optimum Fish Oil Softgels – In addition to a multivitamin, there’s one other nutritional supplement that I highly recommend to everyone, whether you’re active or not. A natural fish oil supplement like this one is the best way to get healthy omega-3 fatty acids on a daily basis, and in addition to supporting a healthy heart and mind, it also supports a healthy metabolism. If you’re trying to tone up and get fit, you need this supplement.
Check it out here for more information – Optimum Fish Oil Softgels
6. BSN N.O.-Xplode 2.0 – For all those heavy hitters out there wanting to step up their game, this might be just what you’re looking for. This nitric oxide supplement is designed to give you a major increase in your performance at the gym. From lifting heavier to making bigger gains in half the time, N.O.-Xplode can do it. It’s one of the longest top selling pre-workout supplements on the market, and trust me, I’ve seen some amazing results with this stuff!
Make bigger lifts and gains with this no-nonsense supplement – BSN N.O.-Xplode 2.0
7. SciVation Xtend – You’ve heard me mention amino acids a few times already in this article. A high quality amino acid supplement can really transform your results at the gym by improving recovery and results. Amino acids are essentially the building blocks of protein, and although you get many in your diet, the greater the variety the better. Science had identified certain amino acids that are especially helpful to building muscle, like BCAA’s and glutamine. This intra-workout supplement packs them all, and offers up the best combination of amino acids you can find!
Do your muscles a favor with this powerful amino acid supplement – Scivation Xtend
8. Cellucor Super HD – If getting ripped and shredded is your primary workout goal, then you’re going to need a good supplement for cutting and trimming excess fat. Cellucor Super HD is one of the best workout supplements for getting you to your goals. In addition to suppressing your appetite and giving you a major boost of energy, it also enhances your metabolism and helps you burn a ton of fat and calories!
Show off your hard work with this fat-burning supplement – Cellucor Super HD
9. Quest Nutrition Quest Bars – Looking for protein on the go? These Quest bars are my top pick for protein bars of 2013. In addition to being gluten free, they have 20 grams of protein per bar, with only 5 grams of fat! And none of that fat is saturated or trans! If you’ve tried protein bars before, you know that’s good! Plus they come in a variety of satisfying flavors.
Support muscle growth when you’re on the go – Quest Bars
10. Vega Sport Performance Protein – Last on my list is a great workout supplement for all the those who are trying to focus on more of a plant based diet. Vega is a leader in vegan sports nutrition and workout supplements, and this protein powder has everything you need to satisfy an active lifestyle. With a unique blend of plant-based proteins, it’s also a great option for adding some variety to your high-protein diet. One other note-worthy mention is that Vega protein is free from cholesterol, soy, gluten and of course dairy, this makes it the most power-house plant-based protein blend!
Check out this all natural, plant-based workout supplement here – Vega Sport Performance Protein
Have any questions or feedback about these Top 10 Workout Supplements 2013? Please leave a comment below…