Weight Loss Tips for the Weekend
Although there’s nothing wrong with a little break from routine, weekends can be difficult times for pursuing your weight loss goals.
And it’s totally understandable. Weekends are all about having fun and socializing, but there are a number of ways to ensure you stay on track with your weight loss efforts!
This is something I discuss with all of my clients. If you let things go too much on the weekend, you’re going to find motivation incredibly challenging when the week starts up again. So it’s time to get serious about things, and have a plan for this weekend!
Here are my top 5 tips for sticking to your weight loss efforts this weekend. Let’s make it a good and healthy one!
5 Weight Loss Tips for this Weekend
1. Drink Responsibly…for Your Midsection – There’s nothing wrong with having a couple drinks on the weekend, but there’s a right way and a wrong way to go about it. There’s no doubt that alcohol can really mess with your weight loss goals.
That’s why it’s important to avoid the sugary or dessert-like drinks, and pass on the 2 for 1 specials. Sugary alcoholic beverages can contain over 500 calories! And if you’re not burning off all that sugar, it’s going to be converted to fat. Instead, go for salty or spicy drinks and avoid the pretzel bowl as much as possible.
2. Don’t Shop Hungry – You may be planning a big grocery shopping trip this weekend, but whatever you do, don’t shop on an empty stomach! This is something we’ve all learned, but you need to be a little more proactive if you’re trying to lose weight.
First, get organized and make a healthy grocery list that will help you stick to your goals. This is also the perfect time to have a protein shake using my favorite whey protein – Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Delicious Vanilla flavor. Add some almond milk, ice, and a bit of frozen fruit, and you’ll avoid those deadly cravings at the store.
3. Get Your Snacking Under Control – Going to see a movie this weekend? Or throwing a barbeque? Whatever fun you get up to this weekend, make sure you don’t let your snacking get out of control. Share your popcorn with a friend, measure portion sizes in separate containers, or bring your own healthy snacks – like these NOW Almonds. Nuts are packed full of protein and healthy fats to support your weight loss efforts – and NOW Almonds are one of your best options.
4. Dine Out Smart – You’re inevitably going to eat out this weekend, but when you do, be smart about it. Restaurant food can be deadly for a weight loss plan unless you make the right choices. Avoid fatty, fried, and creamy dishes – this means vegetables instead of French fries and salad instead of soup. Go for items cooked in broth, high in lean protein, and low in carbs.
5. Don’t Be a Weekend Couch Potato – Enjoy your TV marathons, but don’t get glued to the couch. While you may need a break from the gym, a simple morning walk or jog will give your metabolism the boost it needs to get through the day.
Even a simple 20-minute home workout will do the trick, and will likely be an easier fit with your weekend plans. Here are some great equipment options for a weekend home workout. Any one of these can offer you a great 20-minute workout without the hassle of getting to the gym!
Weight Loss Tips for the Weekend – Conclusion
Whatever you do this weekend, don’t put your weight loss efforts on hold. Follow these simple tips, and you’ll be sure to stay on track with your goals! You’ll thank yourself when Monday rolls around.
Have any questions or feedback about these weight loss tips for the weekend? Please leave a comment below…