Weekend Challenge: Firm Butt
This weekend’s fitness challenge is all about your glutes. It’s time to a get toned, firm butt – once and for all!
Your butt muscles consist of your Gluteus Maximus, Gluteus Minimus, Gluteus Medius, and Tensor Fascia Lata. The Gluteus Maximus is the largest of the group, and it’s one powerful muscle. In fact, you use it probably more than most muscles. It’s involved pretty much every major movement you could engage in – so it shouldn’t be neglected!
But in addition to improving the strength of your butt, you also want a toned, firm butt that looks good in a pair of jeans. And my weekend challenge is here to do just that.
Let’s get to it…
Weekend Challenge: Firm Butt
This weekend challenge is dedicated to giving you a toned, firm butt you can be proud to show off! Whether you want to tighten things up or fill out those jeans, these butt exercises will help you do just that.
Here’s the plan…
What I want you to do tonight is prepare your body and your muscles for some good muscle-building, fat-burning action on Saturday and Sunday. Make sure you have a balanced, protein-rich dinner and avoid drinking too much alcohol tonight. You should also try to have a good sleep, so you can wake up full of energy and motivation!
I recommend getting this butt-firming workout out of the way as early as possible on Saturday, but any time works. All you need is about 40 minutes. Here’s the routine you’re going to follow…
- 20 minutes of running or cycling (indoors or outdoors)
- 15 reps of stationary squats, with or without weights (view exercise)
- 15 reps of lateral lunges, with or without weights (view exercise)
- 15 reps of step ups, with or without weights (view exercise)
- 12 reps of stationary squats
- 12 reps of lateral lunges
- 12 reps of step ups
- 8 reps of stationary squats
- 8 reps of lateral lunges
- 8 reps of step ups
- 12 reps of butt toners (view exercise)
- BONUS EXERCISE: stability ball butt kicks (view exercise)
Sunday is a little more focused on stretching and conditioning. Flexibility training (stretching) has a huge impact on your glutes and butt muscles, especially when it comes to firming and toning! All you need is about 20 minutes for this second butt-firming routine…
- 3 minutes of jump rope (check out this LCD Digital Jump Rope)
- 15 reps of stability ball butt kicks (check out this Xercise Ball Package With DVD And Pump)
- 12 reps of butt toners
- 12 reps of stability ball butt kicks
- 10 reps of hip extensions (view exercise)
- 10 reps of one-legged hip lifts (view exercise)
- 10 reps of butt toners
- 10 reps of hip extensions
- 10 reps of hip lifts (view exercise)
- 8 reps of stability ball butt kicks
- 8 reps of hip lifts
Weekend Challenge: Firm Butt – Conclusion
That’s all there is to it! As simple as it sounds, these exercise are great for really focusing on your abs and working out your glutes in a whole new way. In just a couple days of conditioning, your butt will feel firmer and look more toned. Keep doing the routines once or twice a week, and you’ll notice significant results in just a few months!
And make sure you’re not neglecting the rest of your lower body. Check out my complete guide to Toning Your Lower Body here!
Have any questions or feedback about my Weekend Challenge: Firm Butt? Please leave a comment below…