Nutrition Value of Kale!
Kale is one of the most popular super foods to include in your diet, and for good reason. If you still need an excuse to start eating the crispy green stuff, here are 10…
Health Benefits of Kale
- Kale is low in calories and contains zero fat, so it won’t ruin your weight loss efforts.
- Kale is high in iron, even higher than beef! For anyone whose energy levels are slumping, this can be an easy and natural fix.
- Kale is high in Vitamin K, which has been shown in studies to protect against a number cancers. It also plays an important role in maintaining bone health and a number of other bodily processes.
- Kale has anti-inflammatory properties, helping to minimize symptoms of arthritis, asthma, and various other autoimmune disorders.
- Kale is packed full of antioxidants to support overall health, fight against cancer, and even help you lose weight!
- Kale supports cardiovascular health by lowering cholesterol levels and keeping your heart in check.
- Kale is high in Vitamin A, an important vitamin for supporting the health of your eyes and skin. It also protects against certain types of cancer, like lung cancer.
- Kale is high in Vitamin C, which is not only a powerful antioxidant, but also a great immune-booster, protecting you from the common cold and other viral infections.
- Kale is high in calcium, so for anyone looking for a natural, plant-based source in place of dairy products, this is a great option. Regardless, adding kale to your diet can be a great way to boost your overall calcium intake.
- Kale is a powerful natural detox, containing a number of phytonutrients and enough fiber to clean up your system and get your feeling healthy and refreshed.
What’s the catch with kale?
Although kale is a great super food, many people have a hard time getting over the bitter taste. Kale chips are one good option, but personally, I think the best way to get more kale is to juice it. Juicing is an easy way to get many of the health benefits of fruits and vegetables without any of the work.
So here’s a super healthy (and super tasty) kale juice recipe to keep you healthy and fit…
Super Healthy Kale Juice
Throw the following ingredients into your juicer and enjoy! If you don’t have a juicer, all of the softer ingredients on this list can easily be put in a blender and mixed with some almond milk, water, and/or juice.
And kale isn’t the only super food in this juice recipe…
- 3-4 medium kale leaves
- 1 collard leaf
- 1/2 of a bunch of parsley
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 carrot
- 1 broccoli floret
- 1 apple (core removed)
- 1/4 of a lime
That’s it! The apple, lime, and carrot in this recipe add a little sweetness to the mix, and make enjoying kale (and these other healthy ingredients) a breeze.
For more great juicing recipes, check out my 5 Juicing Recipes for Weight Loss. Also see my article on 7 Super Healthy Foods to Keep in Your Kitchen.
Have any questions or feedback about this Super Kale Juice Recipe? Please leave a comment below…
Awesome, thanks for the input.