Changing your Mindset with Eating
Don’t you love it when you come across a tip that helps you change your mindset and allow you to gain a huge advantage over reducing the belly size without having to put a huge amount of effort into it?
This is just that, it’s really getting you to value what you put into your body and redefine the nutrition that fuels your body.
Stay open to it and I promise that by the end of this article you’ll come away with a tip that you should practice daily and especially one that you’ll want to do with your family.
The Story Behind Mindful Eating
Mindful eating is simply based on the principle of mindfulness, which simply means slowing down and being more aware of one’s inner and outer world. It’s essentially a form of meditation that involves focusing on the finer details of what’s happening in one’s environment, what’s happening in one’s body, or what’s happening in one’s mind in terms of thoughts and emotions.
The idea behind mindfulness is to simply observe, enjoy, and experience the moment without any judgment.
How Being More Mindful Can Reduce Your Belly Size
When applied to eating, mindfulness can have a big impact on trimming your belly and with your sustainable weight loss plan. It’s all about slowing down and really enjoying what you are eating and in turn impacting how fast you consume food and allowing your stomach to send signals back to your brain that you are full.
To get the most out of this simple strategy keep these in mind:
- Before you take a bite, stop for a moment and look at the presentation on your plate. Look at all of the colors, and really take in the smells.
- When you first take a bite of your food, allow it to sit in your mouth for a moment and really focus on the flavor and the texture of the food.
- Chew your food slowly and allow yourself to savor all the flavors and tastes. Feel the juices running down your throat.
- After you swallow your first bite, take a moment before taking a second bite.
- Have a sip of water or wine between bites, which is a great way to force yourself to slow down.
What you’ll find when following these tips is that it is an easy way to reduce your caloric intake, and cut down on portions.
For your first mindful eating experience, I recommend sitting down to a nicely set table, perhaps with candlelight and light music in the background. This will help you enjoy the finer details of the experience even more.
Try practicing this experience with just loved one at first and get the conversation going about the food you’re eating and talk about where it came from. Great conversation will really enhance your experience, so just go for it.
Have any questions or feedback about Mindful Eating and Weight Loss? Please leave a comment below…