Killer Ab Workout at Home
Abs are one of the easiest muscle groups to work out and train at home. But that doesn’t mean you can let yourself off easy. This killer ab workout will give you gym results from the comfort of your home, and you only need a few pieces of equipment to do it right!
Home workouts are always important to have on hand. I can’t tell you how many times a home workout has saved me from a busy or hectic day. It’s not always feasible to make it to the gym, and life is full of unpredictability.
This ab workout is one you’re going to want to keep around. It hits your abs from every angle, and you can do it in under 30 minutes!
Here’s how to approach home workouts when it comes to time: Always aim for doing the full workout, but if time doesn’t permit, reduce the number of sets to 1 or 2 depending on your available time. This will help you fit everything in without sacrificing any particular muscle or angle of approach.
To help you get started, I’ve come up with a rough guideline for this killer home ab workout:
- Approx. 30 minutes or more – perform 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Approx. 20 minutes – perform 2 sets of 15 reps
- Approx. 10 minutes – perform 1 set of 12-15 reps
Although you can do a lot at home without any equipment, the best home workouts require a few key pieces. Think of them as investments – you’ll get a tone of use out of them for years to come! Here’s what you need for this killer home ab workout:
- A stability ball – Check out this Xercise Ball Package With DVD And Pump
- My favorite at-home investment, a Bosu Ball
- An exercise or yoga mat – Take a look at this Gaiam Yoga for Beginners Kit for the best deal
Now onto the workout…
Killer Ab Workout at Home
Perform the following exercises in order according to the reps and sets outlined above (depending on the time you have):
- Bosu Ball Knee Tucks (view exercise)
- Ab Crunch on Stability Ball (view exercise)
- Lower Ab Bicycle Crunch (view exercise)
- Oblique Crunch on Stability Ball (both sides) (view exercise)
- One-Legged Ab Crunch on Bosu Ball (view exercise)
- 30-second Plank on Stability Ball (view exercise)
- Stability Ball Rollout (view exercise)
- Bicycle Crunch (view exercise)
There you have it, 8 killer ab exercises that you can easily do at home – with the right equipment. Remember, home workout equipment is one of the best investments you can make! Convenience is an essential part of maintaining workout motivation.
Here are some other great home workout plans to keep you going:
- 30 Minute Workout at Home – This is a Total Body home workout that will give your muscles a big impact. This one’s perfect for the weekend or weeks where you’ve missed a workout or two.
- Couch Potato Workout – If you’re looking for opportunities for exercise between commercials, check out this no-equipment at home workout.
- Cardio Exercises at Home – If you want your home workout options to extend beyond weight training, this article reviews some excellent at home options for cardio.
Have any questions or feedback about this Killer Ab Workout at Home? Please leave a comment below…