30 Minute Workout at Home
Home workouts are always good to have on hand, especially for those days when time is running tight. A good home workout can help keep you on track with your fitness goals so you never miss a beat!
In my own fitness regimen, home workouts have saved me a number of times. In fact, over the years, I’ve managed to develop a few home workouts that leave me feeling like I just hit the gym. With the right exercises and home workout equipment, you can have a complete home workout that will totally keep you toned and ripped.
What Makes a Home Workout So Effective?
The secret to an effective home workout plan is thinking ahead. If you leave it all to the last minute, you’ll find yourself with little to do.
So first thing’s first, you need to have a decent space to work out in. Even if it means moving the coffee table out of the living room, you need to give yourself a little space.
You also need to think about having the right equipment at home. You can definitely get in a decent home workout with no equipment – see my No Equipment Home Workout here – but equipment can really take things to the next level.
For some general advice on the best home workout equipment, take a look at my top 10 picks for Best Home Workout Equipment here.
Now let’s take a look at one my best home workouts – that you can do in just 30 minutes!
30 Minute Workout at Home
For all exercises, I want you to do 2 sets of 8-12 repetitions per set. Keeping each exercise down to 2 sets each will help you target more muscle groups, so you can get more out of your 30 minutes!
Rest for 15 seconds between sets and exercises.
- Start with a one minute warm-up of jumping jacks to prepare your muscles and prevent injury. Save stretching for the end of your workout.
- Woodchopper (view exercise) – This is a great full body exercise that can be done with a dumbbell or medicine ball (or any convenient household object, really). Check out this awesome Altus 2 In 1 Power Medicine Balls And Kettlebells with snap-on handles!
- Ab Crunch (view exercise) – Simple but time-tested, the traditional ab crunch is an easy way to exercise your abs and core at home.
- Stability Ball Squats (view exercise) – This exercise is a great way to challenge your core and lower body at home. Add this Xercise Ball Package With DVD And Pump to your home workout arsenal today!
- Dumbbell Rows (view exercise) – An absolute must-have for any home workout is a good little set of dumbbells. I recommend having at least 3 different weights to vary your resistance. This dumbbell row is a great at-home exercise, getting your back and biceps.
- Seated Bicep Curls (view exercise) – Grab a chair and hold onto your dumbbells for this bicep workout. This is a great gym exercise that translates easily into a home workout.
- Seated Tricep Extensions (view exercise) – Stay seated on your chair and hold onto one dumbbell for this seated tricep extension.
- Decline Pushups (view exercise) – Rest your feet on a couch or chair, and you’ll totally target your lower pecs in a serious way.
- Bicycle Crunch (view exercise) – Another easy home abdominal exercise, this one also gets at your obliques by adding in a little twist.
- Lunge and Press (view exercise) – This great exercise gives you double the punch, hitting both your lower body and your shoulders.
- Stability Ball Pushups (view exercise) – Grip a stability ball while you tighten your core and engage your pecs for this challenging pushup.
- Oblique Crunches on Stability Ball (view exercise) – Last but not least, hit your obliques with these stability ball side crunches. It’s another great way to use your home stability ball.
This may seem like a lot, but remember, you’re only doing 2 sets of each exercise. Move through the routine quickly, and you’ll get in an amazing total body home workout in just 30 minutes!
Have any questions or feedback about these this 30 Minute Workout at Home? Please leave a comment below…