How to Cut 100 Calories At Every Meal
Looking for some basic tips for cutting calories throughout the day? It’s a lot easier than you think. You just need to know what to avoid, and have some good substitutions at your disposal.
In most cases, you can cut a hundred calories in a simple swap.
So take note of these ideas, and start taking some simple and easy steps to faster weight loss. When you’re trying to shed the pounds, every strategy can make a big impact.
Simple Steps to Cut Calories All Day Long
- Instead of honey, use fresh blueberries or raspberries to sweeten your fat-free Greek yogurt. There are about 130 calories in just 2 tablespoons of hone, but only 15 calories in a ¼ cup of berries.
- Replace your morning granola with 1 cup of oatmeal. At only 166 calories, it’s a far cry from the 28- calories in just ½ cup of granola! To sweeten, use berries and cinnamon.
- For an easy calorie reduction, drop the creamer or Coffee-Mate in your morning coffee. Going with skim milk will save you over 130 calories!
- Whatever you do, leave the morning sausage patties behind. With a total of 170 calories and more fat than you need, go with a healthier alternative smoked salmon. There are only 66 calories in a couple ounces, and that comes with a fat-burning dose of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Enjoy a little mustard your sandwich? Instead of honey-mustard (with about 120 calories in just 3 ounces), reach for the Dijon or yellow mustard.
- Whether it’s sliced cheese on your sandwich or shredded cheese on your chili or soup, replacing it with the low-fat alternative can easily cut over 100 calories. And when it’s combined with other flavors, you hardly notice the difference.
- There can be a ton of extra calories hidden in your salad dressing. If you want to keep you salads the way they should be – healthy – try replacing the oil dressing with a little lemon juice, some dried oregano, and a little dried basil. You’ll avoid the nearly 100 calories in just 2 tablespoons of Italian dressing!
- Getting too many carbs at lunch? Swipe your 2 slices of bread for a whole wheat tortilla wrap. Or better yet, get things down to only 10 calories by replacing the wrap with a big piece of iceberg lettuce.
- For starters, you’ve got to skip that creamy Alfredo sauce on your pasta. Cut the calories in half by going with twice as much tomato-based marinara sauce.
- Enjoy your fried calamari appetizer? The amino acids in seafood are great for supporting lean muscle mass and boosting metabolism, but skip the frying. Instead of calamari, order a shrimp cocktail. Even with seafood sauce, it comes in at only 95 calories.
- Ever tried cucumber-wrapped sushi? This stuff is gaining in popularity for it’s low-carb approach to sushi. Look for it next time you’re out, or ask your server about it. Wrapping a single sushi roll in cucumber instead of rice will save a whopping 200 calories!
- We all enjoy a little pizza from time to time. But swapping out the deep-dish pizza with thin-crust will save you almost 300 calories! It’s a simple fix, and if you go with whole wheat crust, you’re even better off.
What about Snacking?
Need some healthy, low-calorie ideas for snacking too? Check out the following articles:
- Top 10 Health Snacks to Keep You Full
- 7 Low Carb Healthy Snacks on the Go
- What to Eat at Night to Lose Weight
When you break it down, losing weight and burning fat can be a lot easier than you think. Stay educated, take notes, and get as many ideas as you can to keep at your disposal!
Have any questions or feedback about How to Cut 100 Calories At Every Meal? Please leave a comment below…