Fitness Plan Women: Phase 2
So yesterday you should have read Phase 1 and got a workout journal to write down your objectives in and today I will be giving you Day 1 & Day 2 of the fitness plan (for those who didn’t read the first day please go here – Fitness Plan Women Phase 1).
Today’s goal is to ease you into a workout which will help you start to tone up those love handles and the lower belly area. If it seems like it’s not intense enough, don’t worry the idea here is to prepare your body for what’s to come in the following weeks. I will also be giving tips on how to modify the workout to match your level of fitness.
Let’s get started!
Fitness Plan Women Phase 2: Day 1 Workout Routine
- 7 minutes warming up on treadmill at 1.0 level gradation. Start with 2 minutes at 3.5mph and build up to 5.0 mph. For those wanting to make this a little advanced you can build up to 6.0 mph
- 3 sets of 10 reps ab crunches on stability ball. Make sure to keep the movement fluid and don’t put any pressure on your neck. (view image)
- 3 sets of 8-10 reps pushups with knees on ground. Keep your head in alignment with your upper body, most women tend to curve their neck with this exercise so pretend like you have a flat board on your back. (view image)
- 3 sets of plank – hold for 15 seconds. Again keep your neck in alignment with your back and focus on keeping your abs tight. For those wanting to make this a little more advanced, hold for 30 seconds. (view image)
- 3 sets of 10 reps bicep curls with dumbbells. The key with this exercise is to keep your elbows in at your sides and don’t let them move much, you should be using 5 or 10lb dumbbells at this level. Also keep your shoulder blades back. (view image)
- 3 sets of 10 reps overhead tricep extensions with dumbbell. Aim for 10 lbs dumbbell and keep your elbows close to your head. Your elbow joint should be the fulcrum of the movement and keep a slight bend at the top. (view image)
- 10 minutes cool down on treadmill at 1.0 level gradation. Start at 4.0 mph and build up to 5.0 mph after 2 minutes. Reduce to 3.0 mph for last 2 minutes. For those wanting to make this a little advanced you can build up to 6.0 mph
Fitness Plan Women Phase 2: Day 2 Workout Routine
This will be your rest day, but by rest I don’t mean sitting on your butt! Include at least a 30 minute brisk walk anywhere you please. Make sure to schedule this in and don’t make excuses as it will be critical to your long term success.
Fitness Plan Women Phase 2 Conclusion
There we go we have the first day where we are focusing on your arms and core including your abs. This is a great place to start and you can feel free to increase or reduce the weights with your dumbbells. What you should be aiming for is that the last few reps are quite challenging.
I haven’t designed the diet plan for you yet, that is coming in the next few articles, but in the meantime make sure to increase you water intake. Make sure to have at least one glass of water 1hr before you exercise as hydration is extremely important to the blood flow taking nutrients to your muscles. Also don’t exercise on an empty stomach as this will make you light-headed. Half a banana or an apple 30 minutes before exercising is a great idea.
Continue on to to the next day of your fitness plan by going to Fitness Plan Women: Phase 2 Part 2 where we focus on your thighs, butt and calves.
Have any questions about the first 2 days of this fitness plan Phase 2? Please leave a comment below…