Find Your Focus Zone
Whether you’re trying to tone down or bulk up, keeping your head in the game is what matters most – if you want to see real results!
I’ve been a personal trainer and fitness coach for more than a decade, and one of the first things I do with all of my clients is help them find their focus zone. What’s your focus zone? Well, it’s different for everyone, but it’s that mindset you need to keep yourself moving, to push yourself, and to never give up too soon.
Pushing through the pain is really the biggest challenge people have when it comes to weight training and fitness. It’s not easy, and you’re going to get a little uncomfortable. But if you can push through these feelings, you’ll actually bring yourself closer to success.
Today I’m going to offer up some simple tips and tricks to help you find your focus zone. If you’re struggling to keep your head in the game, this is exactly the kind of advice you need!
Keep Your Head in the Game!
1. Listen to the Right Kind of Music – One of the easiest and fastest ways to find your focus zone is to listen to some music during your workout. But it has to be the right kind of music! Music helps get your body and mind into a rhythm, and it can be one of the most effective ways to remove distractions and keep you motivated. In most cases, you need to go with really upbeat music, like pop, dance, rock, or electronic.
Check out my article on Workout Playlists for some ideas or one of my favorite sites soundcloud.com for free downloads.
2. Write Down Everything – For the more logical thinkers and problem solvers out there, I recommend journaling your workouts and fitness progress as a way to stay focused and motivated. Seeing things on paper can really transform your fitness perspective, and I’ve had many clients tell me that it helps them stay positive and focused during an intense workout. At the very least, writing things down reminds you of why you’re there!
3. Use Quotes and Pictures – Remember all those pictures and cut-outs you had posted inside your high school locker? Well believe it or not, that kind of stuff really has an impact on your thoughts and feelings. And the same goes for health and fitness. A great way to keep your head in the game is to remind yourself of why you’re there. Keep pictures of your goals posted in the right places, or use motivational quotes to keep your head clear and focused.
Take a look at my recent article on the Top 20 Workout Motivation Quotes here!
4. Work Out at the Right Time – There’s no denying the importance of timing when it comes to fitness energy and motivation. Let’s face it, there are certain times of the day where we tend to feel a little sluggish and unmotivated. They’re different for everyone, but one of the easiest ways to find your focus zone is to work out when your energy levels tend to be at their highest. Maybe it’s first thing in the morning, or maybe it’s right after lunch. Either way, start thinking more about when your focus and motivation are naturally at their highest.
5. Get a Personal Trainer – This last tip may not be possible for everyone, but one of the best things about having a personal trainer is that they can help you find your focus zone. One of the best ways to stay motivated and to keep pushing yourself is to hear your trainer’s voice telling you to keep going! Even when they’re not around, this can be one powerful source of motivation. If hiring a trainer isn’t possible, then stick with the motivational music!
Whatever you do, don’t neglect the importance of energy, motivation, and focus. At the end of the day, you’re not going to see results without them! So get out there and find your focus zone!
Have any questions or feedback about finding your focus zone and staying in the game? Please leave a comment below…