Staying on Top of Your Motivation
Motivation is more than half the battle when it comes to attaining your workout goals. And whether it’s a picture on your fridge or dependable workout buddy, everyone has their own ways of staying motivated.
For me, one of the best ways to stay motivated has always been the use of motivational quotes. A good quote can remind me of exactly why I’m doing this, and totally keep my head in the game.
Today I’m offering of my top 20 favorite workout motivation quotes to help you stay on track! Post your favorite quote on your fridge, or write a new one at the top of your daily workout journal.
Top 20 Workout Motivation Quotes
- “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” (Lou Holtz)
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” (Michael Jordan)
- “It’s never too late to become what you might have been.” (George Elliot)
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” (Mahatma Gandhi)
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” (Wayne Gretzky)
- “We must train from the inside out. Using our strengths to attack and nullify any weaknesses. It’s not about denying a weakness may exist but about denying its right to persist.” (Vince McConnell)
- “The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something. You can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.” (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
- “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” (Lance Armstrong)
- “The act of taking the first step is what separates the winners from the losers.” (Brian Tracy)
- “Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” (Chinese proverb)
- “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog” (Magic Johnson)
- “Fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round. When your nose is bleeding and your eyes are black and you are so tired that you wish your opponent would crack you one on the jaw and put you to sleep, fight one more round – remembering that the man who always fights one more round is never whipped.” (James Corbett)
- “Courage is doing what you’re afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you’re scared.” (Eddie Rickenbacher)
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion.” (Muhammad Ali)
- “How am I to know what I can achieve if I quit?” (Jason Bishop)
- “Your body hears everything your mind says.” (Naomi Judd)
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning form failure.” (Colin Powell)
- “To give any less than your best is to sacrifice a gift.” (Steve Prefontaine)
- “Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!” (Unknown)
These are just some of my favorite workout motivation quotes. They’ve really helped me keep my head in the game at the worst of times. I hope they can give you that extra push you need!
For more workout motivation tips, see my articles on Workout Motivation Tips and Weight Loss Motivation Tips that Work, and stay motivated!
Have any questions or feedback about these Top 20 Workout Motivation Quotes? Please leave a comment below…