Fat Burning Foods
We’re all looking for easy ways to tone up and burn more fat and be happy with what we see when we look in the mirror.
Diets come and go, but healthy eating is key to a healthy percentage of body fat.
Believe it or not, some foods can actually help you burn more fat, and we’re going to look at some of these power foods!
It’s all about metabolism. When it comes down to it, all foods have a thermogenic or fat-burning effect because all foods require your body to burn energy during digestion. This is known as the thermic effect of food (aka TEF), and it is an important part of your body’s metabolism.
But there are important differences in the thermic effects of various foods. Bad dietary fats, like saturated fats, have a very low thermic effect. Others, like lean proteins, are very high and aid your body in burning more fat during digestion. Foods high in fiber also help your body to maintain a steady metabolism, releasing energy more slowly over time.
Most importantly, these foods help you burn more fat without starving yourself, leading to better results. Here is a list of good fat burning foods:
- Fat Burning Foods: Green Tea. Research has shown that green tea gives your body’s metabolism a significant boost over a 24 hour period. If you prefer to get these results the old fashioned way, you’d need to drink a few cups of green tea each day. A more effective method is to take a Green Tea Extract, such as Irwin Naturals Green Tea Fat Metabolizer or NOW Green Tea Extract.
- Fat Burning Foods: Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Coconut oil is one of the best oils you can use in cooking. It is packed full of healthy saturated fats (good for your heart and arteries) and has been shown to significantly boost metabolism. It also contributes to a healthy thyroid, which supports your body’s metabolism and ability to burn fat. You might want to try this high quality Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Fat Burning Foods: Hot Peppers. Much like green tea extract, research has shown an increase in metabolic rate from small doses of hot pepper. Adding hot pepper to your cooking, even in tolerable amounts, is an easy way to speed up your metabolism. Some of the most powerful thermogenic supplements in the market like Revolution Thermogenic Push or Cellucor T7 Extreme both contain cayenne pepper to help you with accelerating your fat burning.
- Fat Burning Foods: Lean Proteins. Lean proteins, including chicken, fish, shellfish, turkey, and egg whites, have the highest thermic effect of all foods. Studies have shown that digesting these proteins requires 30% of the calories they contain! Although these results are based on solid proteins (as in chicken breast), whey protein still has a high thermic effect. Try adding a whey protein supplement to your diet, such as Optimum 100% Natural Whey. You’ll support muscle growth at the same time.
- Fat Burning Foods: Whole Grains. Whole grains are high in fiber. Fiber takes longer for your body to digest, helping support a faster metabolism over a longer period of time. Oatmeal is especially effective, but go for natural steel cut oats rather than the instant ones. An easy to add natural fiber to your diet is by including Psyllium Husk Powder or Myogenix Pro Fiber into your protein shakes.
High fat burning meals are easier than you think. Simply include a lean protein, a serving of whole grains, and a good portion of healthy vegetables in every meal. Add to this some hot pepper or extra virgin coconut oil, and you’re on your way to a healthier and leaner you!
Have any questions or feedback about fat burning foods? Please leave a comment below…