Metabolism Boosting 101
Your body’s potential to burn calories and fat is completely dependent on your metabolism. So how do you get your metabolism to run on hyper-drive so you can burn fat like crazy?
To start, it’s imperative to know that your metabolism is essentially the sum of all chemical reactions occurring in your body, and the more that’s happening, the more energy your body needs, which is why your metabolism is related to how effectively you burn fat.
There are 2 main aspects of your metabolism that you need to think about when it comes to burning fat and losing weight:
- Resting Metabolism – This is your body’s ability to burn fat and calories when at rest. You can sort of think of this as your baseline – this is the minimal rate of metabolism your body can engage in. This is the aspect of metabolism that is most affected by genetics and lean muscle mass. The more muscle you have, for example, the higher your resting metabolism (and this is why weight training is so important to fat loss).
- Metabolic Potential – Your metabolic potential is essentially how high you can rev things up, or how fast you can get your metabolism moving to burn even more fat and calories. This is the aspect of metabolism that is most influenced by physical activity (including cardiovascular exercise) and diet. Although effective for weight loss, the impact on your metabolic potential is much more temporary compared to your resting metabolism.
How to Speed Up Your Metabolism
With this in mind food and how you train are the critical factors impacting both your resting metabolism and your metabolic potential. In order to increase your lean muscle mass you’re going to have to train with weights and also implement interval training (click here to learn about high intensity interval training).
But in addition to that utilizing a diet which boosts your metabolism in conjunction with your training, let’s look at 7 nutrition tips to help you burn fat like crazy:
1. Spices – If you can handle the heat, spicy foods do a great job at boosting metabolism and burning extra calories. Things like cayenne pepper, chili powder, and even cinnamon are all great metabolism-boosting additions to your diet.
2. Tea – This one’s pretty widely discussed nowadays, but it can’t be overlooked. Many teas, like green tea and chai tea, are fantastic metabolism enhancers and can actually suppress your appetite (besides burning away the fat). For the most extreme boost possible, try adding click here to learn about high intensity interval training to your diet.
3. Raspberry Ketones– One of the best supplements to hit the fitness industry that is devoid of stimulant rich ingredients is the all natural raspberry ketones. Check out this one which is one of the highest rated and tested for safety supplements in the market – Raspberry Ketones.
4. Ginger – I’m talking about the fresh stuff here (although the spice can also give you a boost). Fresh ginger is a fantastic metabolism enhancer, and it’s super affordable. I like to dice up ginger and fresh garlic and add them to stir fries – the flavor is fantastic!
5. Peppers – Anything hot will really fire up your system and help your drop the weight fast! Peppers, like jalapenos and chili peppers, are great additions to your cooking and will add a ton of flavor.
6. Fiber – Foods high in fiber not only help fill you up and prevent cravings, they also keep your metabolism boosted for longer by taking longer to digest. In the process, fiber burns more fat and calories during digestion. An easy solution for getting more fiber in your diet is to add a fiber supplement like Psyllium Husk Powder.
7. Omega-3 – The last item on your list should really be a no-brainer by now. Omega-3 fatty acids, like those found in avocados, fish, and nuts, have been shown to significantly boost metabolism and keep your cardiovascular system in tip top shape. When it comes to supplementing, I recommend taking a natural approach with these Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega.
In addition, to take this to the next level a healthy eating plan is essential to getting amazing results. But if you don’t want to think about any of this and just want a full meal plan put together for you then check out my Sexy Flat Abs Meal Plan which has a full 7 day/week meal plan full of clean eating recipes and snacks. Do it now as I have a time limited Promo Code “3030” for you to get an additional 30% off the full package. I’ll also offer a full money back guarantee so if you don’t get the results you want then you’ll have nothing to lose but that pesky belly fat.
Have any questions or feedback about my metabolism-boosting diet? Please leave a comment below…