7 Superfoods You Can Mix Into Any Dish
Superfoods have become pretty popular in recent years. And it’s all for good reason, as these foods are packed full of vitamins and nutrients to support a healthy and active lifestyle.
But in addition to their nutritional content, superfoods are also extremely versatile.
Today I’m reviewing 7 superfoods that you can add to pretty much any dish. Keep these items in your pantry, and you’ll always have a healthy boost on hand – no matter what you’re in the mood for.
7 Superfoods to Add to Any Dish
1. Chia Seeds – First on my list is chia seeds. This simple superfood is high in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and a bunch of vitamins and minerals. All of these ingredients are just what you need to build lean muscle, burn more fat, and maintain a healthy toned physique. What makes chia seeds so versatile is that they don’t have much of a taste, and if you soak them in water over night, they soften up nicely. Check them out here – Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds
Add them to: yogurt, granola, oatmeal, salads, salad dressings, protein shakes and smoothies
2. Raisins – This may be one you haven’t considered, but raisins are actually high in a number of vitamins and minerals, including iron and copper – 2 ingredients that are especially important on a vegan diet. They also have a pretty low glycemic index.
Add them to: oatmeal, granola, curry dishes, bean and lentil salads, whole grain muffin, rice pilafs
3. Maca Powder – Maca root is the South American equivalent of ginseng, but it’s been shown to pack even more nutritional benefits. It’s an especially powerful energy supplement, increasing stamina and energy both in and out of the gym.
Add it to: protein shakes and smoothies, teas, and veggie dishes
4. Coconut Oil – If you’re looking for a healthy alternative to cooking oil, coconut oil is the way to go. It contains a unique type of saturated fat that actually boosts your metabolism and helps you lose weight. But it’s not limited cooking, as it can easily be mixed into other foods. Check it out here – Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
Add it to: stir fried veggies, chicken dishes, protein shakes and smoothies, dressings or sauces
5. Flaxseed – I’m sure you’ve heard of the health benefits of flaxseed, but it’s a great one to keep your heart healthy and provide a serious energy boost. It’s high in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. To improve digestion and absorption of nutrients, ground flaxseed works best.
Add it to: yogurt, oatmeal, granola, protein shakes and smoothies, salads, baked goods as a replacement for eggs
6. Bee Pollen – This may be one you haven’t tried, but it’s one of the best superfoods around. Bee pollen is high in protein and a variety of amino acids, making it a great option on any vegan or muscle-building diet.
Add it to: protein shakes and smoothies, desserts, baked goods, salads
7. Hemp – Hemp seeds, much like chia seeds, are also high in protein, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids to support a healthy lifestyle. But they have a little more flavor than chia seeds, so they can also add some depth to your dishes. Hemp is also a great protein alternative – check out Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein
Add it to: salads, protein shakes and smoothies, veggie dishes, bean and lentil salads
Have any questions or feedback about these 7 Superfoods You Can Mix Into Any Dish? Please leave a comment below…