Charlize Theron Workout Routine
Charlize Theron is definitely among the fittest and healthiest actresses of her generation. She’s in pretty great shape, and she seems to only look younger with age!
Her last role in the sci-fi hit Prometheus was no exception, as Charlize showed off her fit and toned physique once again. She’s great at playing tough-minded and powerful parts, and this definitely translates into her personal life. After all, that kind of fitness requires some serious commitment and dedication.
So I’m offering up a hard-hitting toning workout based on the principles of Charlize Theron’s approach to fitness. In a number of interviews, the actress has revealed using a variety of strategies to stay fit, including everything from ballet to cardio and weights.
Ready to get tones and fit?
The Charlize Theron Total Body Toning Workout
This total body workout is not only diverse, it’s packed with some serious fat-burning and muscle toning potential.
Cardio is pretty important to Charlize’s fitness routine, so I’ve made sure to incorporate it here as well. I recommend a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week. On days 1, 3, and 5 (every other day), I want you to also run through the following total body workout routine.
For each of these exercises, perform 2 sets of 12-15 reps. To increase intensity over time, work your way up to 3 sets each.
- Jump Rope – Start by jumping rope for 5 minutes to warm up. This is a great fat-burning exercise that will get you totally motivated.
- Bench Step-Up – Grab a set of dumbbells (5-15 lbs each), and standing about a foot away from a flat workout bench, simply step up onto the bench, one foot at a time, and alternating between feet. Make sure you lift your knees up to waist height with each step. To view this exercise, click here.
- Push-Ups on Bench – Get into a traditional push-up position, but this time, rest your hands against a flat workout bench, gripping the edges. Align you back, neck, hips, and legs, and slowly lower yourself toward the bench before pushing back up to starting position. To view this exercise, click here.
- Bicycle Crunch – Lying face up on a mat, rest your hands behind your head without putting any tension on your neck. Extend your legs out in front of you, and start by bringing your right elbow and left knee together. Slowly return to starting as you alternate to the opposite elbow and knee. To view this exercise, click here.
- Dumbbell Deadlift – The deadlift is great for working your quads, hips, and lower back. Holding dumbbells in each hand, simply lower the weight towards the floor, allowing your body to go into a bit of a squat and our back to bend forward slightly. Lift back to starting position and repeat. To view this exercise, click here.
- Plank – Resting on your forearms with your elbows bent at 90 degrees, extend your legs straight out behind you. Flatten your body so that your neck, shoulders, back, hips, and legs are all aligned. Tighten your abs and hold this position for 60 seconds. Break for 30 seconds and repeat for 2 sets. To view this exercise, click here.
- Stability Ball Butt Kicks – Resting your abdomen on an exercise ball, stabilize yourself by resting your palms against the floor in front of you. Lift your legs and extend them straight out behind you, aligned with your back. Lift one leg up towards the ceiling, feeling the squeeze in your buttocks. Hold here for 3 counts, then lower slowly to starting position and repeat with opposite leg. To view this exercise, click here.
- Hip Lift – Lie face-up on an exercise mat and bend your knees so that your heels are tucked closely to your body. With your arms at your sides, lift your buttocks off the mat and push your pelvis towards the ceiling. Hold for 3 counts, then lower slowly before repeating. To view this exercise, click here.
- Woodchopper – This last one is my favorite total body toning exercise. Grab an exercise ball and stand with your feet at hip-width. Lift the ball up and over your shoulders to the right side, then swing downward as you lower into a squat, bringing the ball close to the floor at your left side. Without stopping, bring the ball back overhead. Repeat the same number of reps on both sides. To view this exercise, click here.
This is a great toning workout that will burn a ton of calories and fat! And remember, you can totally take it to the next level by increasing sets or adding new exercises. If you want to get toned and fit like Charlize Theron, this is the perfect workout for you.
Have any questions or feedback about this Charlize Theron Workout Routine? Please leave a comment below…