Here’s a truth we all know about working out: Everything depends on staying motivated.
But there’s another truth that many people don’t realize (or want to believe): Seeing results and staying motivated is going to take a lot of hard work!
This is the thing that most people ignore when they start a new workout or fitness routine. They want the body of a fitness model, but they believe all the hyped up ads and TV commercials about there being a quick fix to it all.
Well believe me when I say this. Although there may be some truth underlying all that advertising, there’s never a quick fix to getting ripped. There isn’t a pill or piece of equipment on the market that’s going to give you overnight results.
So let’s look at how to really stay motivated in your workouts!
Workout Motivation Tips
1. Set realistic and Attainable Goals – May seem simple enough, but most people overshoot things a bit when it comes to setting fitness goals. Be real, and base your goals on what you know you can do and the time you have to do it. Gaining 5 pounds of muscle in a month is probably realistic. Gaining 15 pounds in that time is not!
2. Make Your Workouts Part of Your Life – Another simple one, right? But this is extremely important to your success. You need to schedule your workouts and treat them like a part-time job. You can’t give yourself any excuses, no matter how tired or strapped for time you are. You’re going to have to do a lot of self-talk, but trust me, if you stick to those 4 or 5 days a week, you WILL see results.
3. Visualize Your Goals – Giving yourself a constant reminder of where you want to be can be really helpful. Find a picture or a series of picture and pin them to your bathroom mirror, or the inside of your gym locker. Seeing your goals regularly will remind you of what you’re working so hard for!
4. Always Push Yourself – I’m not going to beat around the bush here. You need to push yourself. If you’re not prepared to work hard and really get out of your comfort zone (physical or mental), then you’re probably not ready to get serious about your workout goals. It’s going to take hard work, and the sooner you accept that, the sooner you’ll be on your way to fitness success.
5. Do Your Research – One of the best perspectives you can take on working out is to treat it like a learning experience. There’s a lot to learn about proper lifting, targeting muscles, and challenging new muscle growth. Do your reading, and your workouts will be better informed.
Another important area to research is supplements. There’s a lot of crap out there, but there’s a lot of helpful ones that can help you get through those tough days at the gym. If you have an open mind with this, here’s what I recommend for anyone serious to get great results in the shortes time possible:
- A satisfying, muscle-building whey protein supplement like Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion or Optimum 100% Natural Whey.
- A pre-workout energy and endurance booster like Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump MAX.
- An intra-workout BCAA (branched chain amino acids) supplement to support recovery, like Scivation Xtend.
- And finally, a glutamine supplement to maximize your results, like Optimum Glutamine.
Workout Motivation Conclusion
Remember, it’s going to take some hard work! Get real about your fitness goals, accept that you can’t attain perfection overnight, and you’ll be way ahead of the game. Trust me, I’ve been there!
Have any questions or feedback about workout motivation? Please leave a comment below…