Unique Love Handle Exercises to Get You Ripped
As you already know, getting rid of love handles is a big part of getting that sexy ripped, six pack look. But if it was easy we’d all have that chiseled core you see in freaking every movie you see lately.
In fact, it’s probably one of the hardest spots to get in shape because for some stupid reasons our bodies want to store fat in the midsection to save us from starvation. And once those fat cells take shape, they are a b*tch to get rid of.
The good news is that with the right exercises for your obliques (the muscles under your love handles), you can totally tone and shape your midsection to get the awe-inspiring look.
Okay, let’s get to it. Here are 5 unique exercises to tone and trim your love handles…
5 Unique Love Handle Exercises
1. Side Plank Crunch: This one may seem like a simple exercise, but it’s incredibly effective in its results. Align your body, making sure your neck, shoulders, hips, and legs are straight. Rest on your right forearm and on the right side of your foot, with your feet stacked. Engaging your abs and core, raise your left side to the ceiling, hold, and lower to starting, Repeat the same number of crunches on each side.
2. Stability Ball Oblique Crunch: Get into a similar position as the side plank crunch, but this time rest your right hips and side against a stability ball. Rather than raising your left hip, you’re going to bring your left shoulder towards the ceiling, hold, and lower to starting. Repeat the same number of crunches on each side.
3. Bicycle Crunch: This exercise is a classic one for love handles, but it should not be underestimated. Lie face up on a workout mat, rest your hands behind your head, and start with your knees tucked inward toward your abdomen. Alternating from side to side, kick one leg straight out while you pull the opposite knee in. Aim for 20-30 reps for optimal results.
4. Russian Twist: Looking for a bigger challenge? Grab a stability ball and rest your lower back against it with your feet firmly planted on the floor, at about shoulder width. Holding an exercise or medicine ball straight in front of you, twist at your core and move the ball from side to side. There’s a lot of balance work in this one, which is a great way to shred those love handles.
5. Back Extension with Twist: You probably haven’t seen this one before, but it’s a great way to target your love handles in a totally new way. Using a Roman chair, engage in a standard back extension (don’t use any weight when you first try this one out). But as you come to the highest point, you’re going to turn out to one side, lifting your elbow to the ceiling. You’ll feel your obliques work at this one, and you’ll actually get your love handles from a different angle.
If you’re looking for a solid love handle workout routine, do 2-3 sets of all 5 exercises in a row, aiming for between 15 and 25 reps per set.
With this routine you’ll also want to do your best to keep doing cardio and lifting weights at the same time, as this will help you burn more fat overall.
The other part of your success is going to be tied to clean eating, going for raw whole foods as much as you possibly can. I recommend adding these 5 New Fat Burning Foods to your diet to help improve your overall results.
Looking for more great six pack exercises? Check out my Best Lower Abs Workout here and see results from all angles!
Have any questions or feedback about these unique love handle exercises? Please leave a comment below…