Benefits of Super Foods
Super foods offer some big benefits when it comes to burning fat and losing weight. They’re foods that are nutritionally dense, and in many cases, contain additional unique compounds that have some pretty intense metabolism-boosting properties.
Most super foods on this list are high in vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, and either fiber or protein, all of which get your body burning more fat and calories when eaten on a regular basis. They’re also low in fat and sugar, making them all around healthy options.
If you’re looking for ideas, here are 10 top super foods for weight loss, all especially effective for improving fat loss. Add them to your diet today, and start seeing some serious progress!
10 Super Foods to Boost Weight Loss
1. Goji Berries – These small red berries normally come dried, and they’re great for adding to oatmeal or throwing on top of a yogurt parfait. They’re super high in antioxidants, and some studies have shown benefits for mental health, stress, and even sleep from drinking goji berry juice.
2. Acai Berries – The other super food berry of choice is the acai berry. Also incredibly high in antioxidants, acai berries can lead to a number of improvements in health, including boosting your metabolism. Try adding NOW Acai to your diet and get totally energized!
3. Dark Chocolate – Going with dairy-free chocolate is best, and organic options will help avoid a lot of the added ingredients and preservatives. Dark chocolate is also high in antioxidants, and it might help you get through those cravings successfully.
4. Broccoli – High in fiber and vitamin C, broccoli is totally satisfying and will give your metabolism a major boost in any meal. Try to go raw or steamed whenever possible – you’ll reap more benefits that way.
5. Kale – All leafy greens are packed full of nutritional value, but kale is one of the best by far. Kale is especially high in fiber, which is a great for keeping you full and satisfied. Check out my Top Healthy Kale Salad Recipes here to do it right.
6. Beans & Lentils – If you’re looking for a natural, vegan protein source, beans and lentils are a fantastic choice. And not only are they high in protein, they’re also packed full of fiber, 2 ingredients that will totally improve your weight loss results.
7. Avocadoes – You may be surprised, but one avocado has up to 8 or 9 grams of protein. It’s also high in healthy, unsaturated fats that not only help you lose weight, they also redistribute fat deposits away from your waistline!
8. Salmon – Also high in protein and healthy fatty acids to boost metabolism, salmon is one of the best lean proteins you can eat on any weight loss diet. The added bonus? This super food is high in Vitamin D, an ingredient that’s been shown in recent research to significantly improve fat loss by up to 50%!
9. Chia Seeds – You may not have heard of this super food, but it continues to grow in popularity. Chia seeds are high in fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids – everything you need to keep your metabolism boosted and your fat-burning potential way up. Add them to your diet to day – Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds.
10. Almonds – If you’re looking for a healthy weight loss snack, go for nuts. Almonds are one of the best super foods out there, being lower in fat compared to other nuts but with all the
Have any questions or feedback about these Top Super Foods for Weight Loss? Please leave a comment below…