Healthy Fat Loss Snacks
Healthy, nutritious snacks can really save the day when it comes to dieting and eating right. With the right options, you can do even better – and go for snacks that also help you burn fat!
Want to satisfy your cravings AND burn more fat in the process? Chow down on these tasty and healthy snacks…
6 Healthy, Metabolism Boosting Snacks
1. Fresh Fruit – Fresh fruit is one of the easiest solutions to an annoying sweet tooth. Although you do have to watch the sugar content here, a few servings of fruit each day will offer a lot of benefits: fiber and vitamins that will satisfy your hunger and burn more fat and calories during digestion! Apples are one of the best options, and go organic if you can.
2. Raw Seeds & Nuts – Nuts and seeds literally have it all when it comes to healthy fat loss snacks. High in protein, healthy fats that redistribute fat away from your belly, and vitamins to keep you energized, nuts and seeds have the added benefit of enhancing your metabolism. The healthy fats also offer a healthy means to satisfy those pesky cravings.
3. Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt is an amazing fat loss snack. It’s unbelievably high in protein, and if you choose the low fat or fat free option, you’re doing even better! The protein will keep you full and burn more calories while it digests. Top it with a bit of fresh fruit, and you’ll have yourself a fat-busting dessert!
4. Oats, Oats, Oats! – As a carbohydrate, oats are really satisfying and can fill you up in just a few bites. For snacking options, you can sprinkle them on a little yogurt or fruit, blend them into a smoothie, or go the traditional route and have a small bowl of oatmeal with a sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon. Spices like cinnamon also have a thermogenic effect on your body, helping you burn more fat.
5. Protein Bars – They’re not all healthy, but there are a lot of healthy options out there for protein bars. What makes them so great for fat loss is their high protein content, which will keep you full longer and ward off unwanted cravings. You can also find options that are high in fiber, for an added boost to your metabolism!
Give these Organic Food Bar – Protein a try, they’re one of the healthier options out there. Prefer a healthy protein powder for smoothies? Check out Vega Sport Performance Protein – a whole foods, plant-based protein option that’s all about health!
6. Chick Peas (Garbanzo Beans) – Chick peas one of the healthiest snacks you can add to your arsenal. They’re natural, high in protein and fiber, and low in fat. Make a chick pea salad with other veggies and a drizzle of dressing, or use a food processor and make some homemade hummus.
Don’t see anything here you like? Here’s what to look for when it comes to health, metabolism-boosting snacks:
- High protein to build lean muscle and boost resting metabolism.
- High fiber (like the kind found in whole grains) to aid in digestion, fill you up, and burn off extra calories.
- Very little processed or added sugars that cause spikes in your blood glucose levels.
- Little-to-no saturated or trans fats (that only result in what you’re trying to avoid).
- Healthy fats like omega-3, 6, and 9 fatty acids to boost metabolism and help you burn more calories and fat!
If you follow these rules and look for these simple ingredients, you’ll be sure to get healthy snacking right! Snack wisely, and improve your fat loss results!
Have any questions or feedback about these amazing fat loss snacks? Please leave a comment below…