Get Rid of Love Handles
Let’s face it – love handles have got to be one of the most annoying areas to get in shape!
I think just about everyone I know has struggled with this at one time or another, including myself. Unfortunately, love handles are a common area for fat deposits – for both women and men alike!
But just like that pesky belly fat, your love handles can be eliminated with the right approach. And in fact, there are a number of things you can do to tone up your love handles and get rid of them once and for all!
Let’s get down to the basics…
5 Steps to Get Rid of Love Handles
1. Do Cardio with a Twist – If you’re not already getting a lot of cardiovascular exercise, this can be a great way to tone up those love handles. Cardio burns a ton of calories during the workout, and although you can’t target your love handles, you can definitely burn more fat all around.
To get the most out of your fat-burning cardio efforts, I recommend engaging in interval training. This means alternating between short bursts of high intensity and low intensity exercise. You can utilize any cardio equipment for this, but I recommend also using a heart rate monitor. This simple tool will allow you to get the most accurate measure of intensity based on your body’s own output. A great heart rate monitor on the market is this Bowflex Classic Strapless Heart Rate Monitor.
2. Tone Your Core Muscles – Toning your core muscles, including your lower back, obliques, and abs, will go a long way to reduce your love handles. Although you can’t target your fat-burning efforts to one specific body part, toning that area will make it appear tighter and fitter. Simple exercises like crunches, oblique side bends, and back extensions can have a big impact.
3. Drink More Water – A simple solution, but potentially a big impact on your love handles. Increasing your water intake will help reduce water retention due to excess sodium, while also increasing your metabolism and getting your body burning more fat. For optimal hydration and an added nutritional boost, try VPX Coco Fit Coconut Water. Similarly, you will want to try and reduce sodium intake, try and stick to natural raw foods rather than canned or jarred food which usually has sodium added to act as a preservative. Note: tomato based products are one of the biggest culprits of this.
4. Train Your Upper Body – By training and building your chest, back, shoulders, and arms, you’ll create the illusion that your midsection and love handles are smaller. It’s all about that V-shape physique But adding on muscle mass has the added bonus of increasing your resting metabolic rate, which means you’ll actually burn more fat – including fat stored in your love handles. So if you’re wondering what exercise would be best for this, the answer is pull-ups. I know they are hard as heck but they are by far the most effective in creating the v-shaped back.
5. Change Your Diet – Simple modifications to your diet, such as cutting down on carbs and increasing protein, can have a huge impact on your metabolism and your body’s ability to burn fat. New research also suggests that a diet low in carbs and high in healthy monounsaturated fats will result in a redistribution of body fat AWAY from your midsection and love handles!
Adding foods high in healthy fats, like Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil and Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega, can help you get rid of those love handles much faster because they contain essential fats which help with maximizing your metabolism.
NOW Green Tea Extract is another highly effective, fat-burning addition to your diet especially if you are looking for a natural source which can boost your metabolism. Combined with exercise, these simple changes to your diet will help you shed those annoying love handles, just be patient as it will take a good 4-6 weeks to really notice a difference.
Have any questions or feedback about getting rid of love handles? Please leave a comment below…