Super foods have really hit the market strong in North America.
While those like Green Tea Extract, Organic Chia Seeds, and Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil have demonstrated significant health benefits, there’s one super food that’s growing in popularity for some pretty good reasons.
It’s called chlorella. This green super food is essentially a type of algae (that’s been dried), and it’s seriously packed with some amazing health benefits!
Chlorella has only more recently been packaged as a health food, but it’s surprising that it took this long to become so popular. The basic nutritional content is pretty astounding. Here’s a breakdown of the benefits of chlorella.
- High in Protein – When dried, chlorella is a whopping 45% protein! That’s extremely high for any protein not derived from animals or animal byproducts.
- Healthy Fats – Although chlorella is usually about 20%, these fats are polyunsaturated, which means they’re the fats we want to be adding to our diet.
- Fiber – The average serving of chlorella is about 5% fiber, so you’re also getting a significant source of this key dietary component.
- Good Carbohydrates – Chlorella is about 20% carbohydrates, but these are the kinds of carbs you want to be eating! Unrefined, plant-based, and full of vitamins.
- Vitamin and Mineral Rich – And this brings us to our last major point. Chlorella is just packed full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to support a healthy lifestyle. Seriously, this one really deserves the title “super food.”
In combination, these nutritional characteristics make chlorella ideal for boosting your metabolism, supporting lean muscle growth, burning more calories and fat, and giving your body the energy it needs to get in serious shape! Furthermore, the high protein and fiber content will also help you avoid cravings by keeping you feeling full for longer.
How to Eat Chlorella
There are 2 primary ways of adding chlorella to your diet. First, you can take chlorella in tablet format as a dietary supplement. This will help you reap many of the nutritional benefits of chlorella, particularly the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Two of the most popular chlorella supplements on the market are NOW Chlorella and Source Naturals Yaeyama Chlorella. I would recommend taking in the morning and following a hard workout to promote recovery.
The other way of adding chlorella to your diet is with a super food powder like Amazing Grass Green SuperFood Powder. These are great because they contain a full range of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants from a variety of plants. They’re also higher in fiber, so they’ll help you feel more satisfied. Amazing Grass Green SuperFood Powder is a great option because it contains the super food chlorella, and so much more!
What Does Science Tell Us? A LOT!
Surprisingly, chlorella is one of the most widely studied super foods currently available. Studies have repeatedly supported chlorella as a natural detox, as it has the ability to remove lead, pesticides, and other toxins from the body. In addition to its nutritional content, taking NOW Chlorella as a natural detox is highly effective.
Science has further supported chlorella as an immune system booster. This super food has been shown to have natural anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-tumor properties. There is even some suggestion that it may play a role in the destruction of cancer cells!
So give chlorella a try. At the very least, you’ll be improving your daily nutritional support with this green super food!
Have any questions or feedback about chlorella benefits? Please leave a comment below…