Best Foods for a Flat Belly
Getting a flatter and more toned waistline is just as much about diet as it is about exercise. And when it comes to eating right, there are 2 basic rules you need to follow for a flat belly.
First, you need to avoid the kinds of foods that increase belly fat, like fried foods, processed foods, and foods that are heavy in carbs (especially white and bleached carbs). All of these foods are high in calories and bad fats, which only increase belly fat. You should also avoid foods that are high in processed sugars, and these are converted to fat deposits when they’re not burned off.
Second, you need to eat more of the foods that boost your metabolism and burn more belly fat. Foods high in protein, complex carbs, fiber, and healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids are especially effective metabolism boosters. You also want to go for foods that are as natural as possible and made up of whole food ingredients, as these are generally higher in vitamins and nutrients that also help you burn off belly fat.
To help you get started, here is a list of the best foods to burn belly fat!
7 Best Foods for a Flatter Belly
1. Almonds – All nuts make for good snacking options on any fat-burning diet. They’re all natural, and they’re high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats. Almonds probably top the list next to pistachios for being your best bet. Try my favorite Cajun Lemon Pepper Almonds to get away from the plain old variety kind, these are super tasty!
2. Beans & Legumes – If you want the most natural approach to burning bely fat and supporting lean muscle mass, beans and legumes are your number one choice. Super high in protein and fiber, they offer some major benefits for your overall health.
3. Coconut Oil – Coconut oil has emerged as one of the best super food options you can add to your diet. It contains a very unique type of fat that helps boost your metabolism and shred that unwanted belly fat. Add a teaspoon to a smoothie, or try cooking with it. Check it out here and add it to your diet today – Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
4. Leafy Greens – Leafy greens are incredibly high in fiber and antioxidants, among a number of other nutritional benefits. They’ll help fill you up, and they’ll rev up your metabolism so you can burn off more belly fat!
5. Chia Seeds – Much like nuts, seeds are packed full of nutritional content to boost metabolism and burn off belly fat, and chia seeds are probably your best option. High in fiber and healthy fats, these seeds can be sprinkled on top of a salad or thrown into a smoothie. Try them today – Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds
6. Quinoa – If you’re looking for a healthy alternative to rice and pasta, go with quinoa. It’s technically not even a grain, but it can be treated much like rice when it comes to cooking. When it comes to your carb options, this is one of the highest plant-based carbs you can eat.
7. Avocadoes – Did you know that one avocado can have up to 9 grams of protein? This is one serious fat burning food. It’s literally loaded with healthy metabolism enhancing fats that not only help you burn more calories, they’ve also been shown in studies to redistribute fat away from your waistline and belly!
Have any questions or feedback about these Best Foods for a Flat Belly? Please leave a comment below…