Make Real Choices for a Healthy Diet
I’m sure all your friends are talking a lot about the importance of clean eating, but there’s so much mis-information out there it feels like the rules change every day. So I thought it was time to sort things out and help you ace clean eating once and for all.
Let’s break it down. If I had to offer one key rule for clean eating, it would be to eat real foods. Sounds simple enough, right?
And it is, but you need to know what to look for but below you’re going to get some real advice so you can get to be the healthiest you’ve ever been.
By the way, for those of you who are wanting to eat clean and also focus in on getting sexy flat abs, I’ve created a full 7 day/week meal plan for women and men, check it out here – Sexy Flat Abs Meal Plan. Do it now as I have a time limited Promo Code “3030” for you to get an additional 30% off the full package. I’ll also offer a full money back guarantee so if you don’t get the results you want then you’ll have nothing to lose but that pesky belly fat.
Ace Clean Eating with these Real Foods
If you’re just starting a clean eating diet, these foods are a good place to start. But even if you’ve been eating healthy for a while, these foods are some of the basics that you always want to have covered when you’re grocery shopping.
- Grass-Fed Meats & Eggs – When eating any animal proteins, it’s important to stick to grass-fed vs grain fed. Grass-fed animals are basically free range and able to roam around eating whereas grain-fed animals are usually stuck in a room where they have no option but to eat genetically modified grains like corn. Not only does this make your meat and eggs include a richer set of minerals and vitamins, but they also taste a lot better and leave you feeling more satisfied with the food you eat.
- Organic Fruits & Veggies – A clean eating diet requires a good mix of fruits and veggies, so that you get all the nutritional support your body needs. Organic veggies are best. Studies show that pesticides and herbicides reduce the vitamin content of foods. If you can only afford to go organic with some of your fruits aim for strawberries, blueberries, apples and grapes.
- Leafy Greens – When it comes to veggies in your diet you may want to concentrate the most with leafy greens. They’re high in antioxidants and a ton of other vitamins which will help you fight the chemicals which age your cells and in turn also help you recover quicker and stay younger. Top of your list should include kale and spinach as they are the most nutrient dense of all leafy greens.
- Unprocessed & Whole Grains – Carbs are an ongoing issue for anyone trying to eat clean and healthy. I recommend sticking to whole grains only, and choosing carbs that are minimally processed. This usually means ditching flour based foods (breads, cereals & pastas), and choosing things like whole grain brown rice, quinoa, or barley.
- Natural Fats & Oils – Make sure you ditch the margarine and eat 100% natural fats and oils, like olive oil, coconut oil and my new favorite avocado oil. These kinds of natural fats are actually good for you as they help you absorb vitamins like Vitamin E like no other foods can and Vitamin E is essential for making your skin look it’s best.
- Nuts & Seeds – When it comes to snacking, nuts and seeds should be your go-to. They’re high in healthy fats that actually boost your energy and help you burn fat. Just go for plain or roasted with light seasoning so you don’t end up with processed nuts that have a whole bunch of unwanted ingredients.
Remember, this list is just a starting point, so you have to build on it over time. But I’d say these are the most important rules of clean eating I’ve seen over the years.
You should also take a look at my Clean Eating Principles to Live By. There are a few more tips, like avoiding hidden processed and refined sugars.
What about GMOs?
I’ve been doing a lot of research on this topic lately, and I’ve come to the pretty strong conclusion that GMO foods, or those that have been genetically modified, should be avoided as much as possible. The problem is that big agricultural companies like Monsanto have made it really difficult for people to know what’s best for their health. A lot of studies have been published, but a lot of them have been sponsored by Monsanto and other big corporations.
As it stands, I think there are still enough questions surrounding GMO foods to make us question them. So if you want the cleanest diet possible, try to keep them out of your fridge and pantry. Although they’re not always clearly labeled, buying organic fortunately means that you will also be buying foods that are GMO free, a double bonus!.
Jump on the Superfood Bandwagon…
The last tip I’m going to offer up for your clean eating diet is to eat more superfoods. In almost all cases, superfoods are really appropriate on a clean eating diet. Remember, it’s all about ditching the processed foods and going with real and organic foods only.
For some great ideas, take a look at my article on Top Superfoods for Looking Good, Feeling Great, and Losing Weight.
Whatever you do, start getting real with the foods you eat. You’ll notice serious improvements in all areas of your life, from energy to weight loss and even mood!
If you like this article please do share it with your friends on Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest etc. and of course leave me any questions in the comment field below…