Getting rock hard abs is no easy work, whether you’re a beginner or a professional trainer.
But that washboard look may be just a few simple steps away. With the right approach, you may be able to get there faster than you think!
Getting a toned midsection really requires a balance of proper diet and exercise. Diet is a big one, and it’s critical that you cut down on the fat and sugar in order to show off those abs.
When it comes to exercise, it’s difficult to target your fat-burning efforts, so you need to be doing lots of full-body cardio. Resistance training is also key, and ab exercises can help you get a more toned and defined midsection.
But it really comes down to the details. This article will help you get there a little faster! Here are 5 killer ab tips to improve your ab routine today.
5 Killer Ab Tips
1. Drink Lots of Water – You’ve heard this one before when it comes to health and wellness. But did you know that drinking water can also help you show off your abs? Staying hydrated allows your metabolism to work at its best, burning more fat and calories throughout the day. Make sure you’re getting between 6 and 8 glasses of water each day, and stay hydrated during your workouts!
2. Get Lots of Protein – I can’t say this enough. Protein is key to getting fit and toned in general, but this is especially true for your abs. Protein helps you avoid cravings, maintain lean muscle mass, and boost your metabolism.
There are lots of ways to increase your protein intake. I recommend adding a good protein supplement to your diet. Some of the best options on the market are Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion and MHP Probolic-SR Muscle Feeder (for your more serious workouts). If you’re vegetarian or vegan, I recommend Vega Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer, a high-quality plant-based protein supplement.
3. Exercise Your Abs Consistently But Don’t Overdo – Your abdominal muscles should be exercises on a very regular basis, but don’t go overboard. If you’re a beginner or intermediate, I recommend exercising your abs at least twice a week. If you’re closer to the advanced level, consider working your abs every other day at about 3 or 4 exercises per workout. Remember to contract your core during all exercises and imagine them supporting your spine to keep your shoulder blades back and in a natural curve for your spine.
4. Don’t Give Up on Cardio – A good combination of cardiovascular and resistance exercise is ideal for developing that washboard stomach. Resistance training helps boost your metabolism over the long term, while cardio will help you burn more fat and calories during the exercise. And you need to burn those extra calories if you want your abs to show! High Intensity Interval Training will be your best friend when it comes to seeing results quickly so if you’re doing endless hours on the cardio machine and not seeing results then it’s time to switch it up and move into HIIT, for more info check out my article on High Intensity Interval Training.
5. Get Serious and Push Yourself – When it comes to abs, you really need to push yourself to see real results. If you don’t take things to the next level, you’ll never get the abs you’re looking for. One of the best ways to do this is to boost your energy level pre-workout.
There are some great supplements that can help you do just that. USPLabs Jack3d is one of the most popular energy-boosting supplements, and it can go a long way to help you get more out of your ab workouts.
Another effective supplement on the market is 7-Keto LeanGels, a unique combination of fat-burning supplements that will help you shed those extra pounds and show off those rock hard abs! Getting a lot of great feedback from my readers that they are seeing real results with this one. Combined with proper diet and exercise, these supplements may be just what you’re looking for to push you to the next level with results.
Have any questions or feedback about these killer ab tips? Please leave a comment below…
boss i have been doing push-ups for last 4 months..but unfortunately my left chest becomes smaller than right one…can you suggest any method to solve this problem?
Don’t do pushups, switch to dumbbell presses with your chest and it will even out.
Love you site. It’s so helpful but can I ask. …
I’m a truck driver and find it hard to find something easy and satisfying during my shifts as there isn’t many places to stop a big truck and normally it’s bad foods in those areas anyway. Could you suggest something I could take. Im drinking heaps water and protein shakes at moment to keep me going.
Thanks for your awesome feedback Jeremy. Protein shakes will definitely be your best friend so sounds like you have that right. Other than that I would get a good food carrying back and take with you grilled chicken, prepared salad and fruit. Hope that helps some, and I will think to create an article on this topic.