7 Weight Loss Rules that Work
There’s a science behind weight loss, and seeing real results requires a little know-how. In today’s article, I’m outlining 7 rules for weight loss that really work.
It’s time to educate yourself with a few simple strategies. Adopt one, or adopt them all for the biggest fat-burning punch. Either way, you can’t go wrong!
Ready? Trust me, these weight loss rules really work…
7 Simple Rules for Weight Loss
1. Double Up on the Fiber – Despite the attention it’s received in recent years, fiber is still one of the most overlooked healthy ingredients out there. Fiber is extremely beneficial for losing weight and for overall health. It improves digestion, keeps you feeling full and satisfied longer, and boosts your metabolism. Try to get more on your diet by eating more vegetables and whole grains, or go for a fiber supplement like Psyllium Husk Powder.
2. Triple Up on the Protein – The other important ingredient to get more of in your diet is protein. Like fiber, protein also fills you up and keeps you satisfied longer, keeping those annoying cravings at bay. What’s even better about protein, however, is that is also helps your body build lean muscle mass – and lean muscle has a direct impact on your resting metabolism, meaning it will help you burn more fat on a regular basis!
3. Slow Down and Savor – Eating more slowly is one of the easiest tricks for losing weight, and it really works. By slowing down during meals (when possible, of course), you’ll be more likely to feel full before finishing every bite. It takes about 20 minutes for your brain to get the message that you’re full, so start enjoying the food you’re eating and stop overeating.
4. Turn It Up a Notch with CLA – Conjugated linoleic acid, or CLA for short, is one of the most effective, scientifically based weight loss supplement you can invest in. It’s naturally occurring, and studies have shown some amazing results when it comes to enhancing your body’s ability to burn fat. If you want a little extra boost, check out Magnum Nutraceuticals CLA here!
5. If It’s Packaged, Don’t Buy It – Some of the most important weight loss decisions you make occur at the grocery store. And one of the best rules for weight loss is to buy whole food options whenever possible. Packaged, pre-made, and frozen foods are generally bad for dieting, because they tend to contain higher amounts of sodium, fat, and sugar. Buy fresh, real foods when you can – their nutritional content will also rev up your body’s metabolism and get you energized!
6. Get Off the Treadmill – Now it’s not necessary that you stop using the treadmill altogether, but you do need to get out of that same boring routine. Successful weight loss requires variety in your workouts, and it’s also significantly improved by the inclusion of weight training or resistance exercises. When you add in weights, you’ll improve your body’s muscle composition and be able to burn more fat as a result!
7. Get on Track, and Stay There – Staying on track with your weight loss goals requires planning, and although you may not think much of it, writing things down can go a long way. Not only should you write out your fitness goals, but tracking your progress on a daily basis can keep you motivated to succeed. I recommend keeping track of your workouts (duration, sets, and/or reps), writing down your eating habits, and documenting your measurements once or twice a month. Try using this Fitlosophy Fitbook – it’s a great tool and a simple solution that really works!
Have any questions or feedback about these 7 weight loss rules? Please leave a comment below…