Lose It Now
If you’re in a state of “holey crap” why didn’t I attack this fat sooner, you’re going to get 12 easy and effective ways to lose fat quicker than Kim Kardashian’s ability to take another selfie.
The good news is that if you get serious and commit to as many of these tips as possible, then you’ll be able to accelerate you fat loss by hitting it from all angles.
12 Easy & Effective Ways to Lose Fat Fast
1. Get Intense with Interval Training – High intensity interval training (HIIT) is one of the best ways to burn fat in a short period of time. By alternating between short bursts of high intensity exercises, you’ll boost your metabolism and condition your muscles in a new way. For more information on HIIT, read about it here – High Intensity Interval Training.
2. Give Up on Spot Training – When it comes down to it, the sad truth is that spot reduction just doesn’t work. To effectively lose fat in any area of your body, you need to work out your whole body and enhance your overall metabolism. This is especially true for those of you out there who dislike working out your legs. Your legs are some of the biggest muscles in your entire body and doing squats & lunges will drastically help you burn more fat simply by the shear energy these large muscle requires to burn every day.
3. Eat More Protein – Protein is definitely the closest thing to a magic ingredient when it comes to fat loss. Not only does it keep you full and help you avoid cravings, it also burns more calories and fat during digestion. If you’re looking for an all natural high quality protein that won’t make you all bloated try the Optimum 100% Natural Whey or Gardenia All Natural Vegan Protein
4. Get Serious about Weight Training – Resistance training is one of the best ways to enhance your metabolism over the long-term and burn calories and fat even while at rest. Your body composition, and especially your percentage of muscle mass, if directly related to your body’s ability to burn fat. For a really effective weight training routine, check out my killer Total Body Workout here.
5. Cut Down on Carbs – I’m not a supporter of cutting out carbs entirely from your diet. It’s not practical, and it’s not healthy. But reducing your carbohydrate intake, as well as limiting your intake to whole grains and unrefined carbs, will help you lose some serious fat fast.
6. Sleep Better – Poor sleep has been shown to wreak havoc on your metabolism and appetite. In fact, one night of bad sleep and you’ll find yourself with some pretty serious cravings through the day. Get your sleep on track, and everything gets easier, including fat loss.
7. Sprint More – Sprinting is a really effective exercise for burning fat that many people overlook. You need to find the right space, but these quick bursts of movement will help you shed the weight in a serious way.
8. Start Juicing – Juicing is a great way to fuel your body and drastically improve your intake of vitamins, minerals, and other important nutrients. It’s also a great way to boost your metabolism and detox naturally, making it a totally effective fat loss strategy. Try one of my 5 Juicing Recipes for Weight Loss here.
9. Try Yoga – If you’re bored of your workout and need to change things up a bit, try adding yoga to your routine. It’s a great way to condition your muscles, and you’ll be surprised by just how much of a workout it is!
10. Change Things Up on a Regular Basis – Unfortunately, your body stops responding to the same exercises over time. To keep seeing results, whether in losing fat or building muscle, you need to constantly try new things.
11. Take a Cross Fit Class – Much like interval training, CrossFit can help you burn some serious calories, and in a very short period of time. It’s intense, but the results totally speak for themselves.
12. Have One Less Coffee a Week – This one is a bit of an over-generalization but if you are having your coffee with sugar and cream then cutting out just one of those coffee drinks a week is about 120+ calories, and if you cut that out for a month that’s almost 500 less calories a week. Even though I don’t recommend my clients get too focused on calorie counting at the end of the day these liquid calories do add up to a lot and slowly creep up on your waist line.
Have any questions or feedback about these 12 Ways to Lose Fat Faster? Please leave a comment below…