10 Yummy Egg Recipes
When it comes to supporting a healthy and fit lifestyle, a high protein diet can make a big difference.
Protein not only supports lean muscle mass, but it also boosts your metabolism and helps stabilize your blood glucose level, which means you’ll have fewer cravings through the day. In combination, protein is one of the best things to eat on a healthy diet, especially if your goals include fat loss or lean muscle growth.
And eggs are one of the best sources of protein you can eat!
Depending on their size, eggs contain anywhere from 5 to 8 grams of protein each. That’s pretty decent in comparison to many other protein sources. Although they’ve gotten a bad rap over the years for their cholesterol content, experts nowadays say that eggs really aren’t so bad for the average person – and their benefits exceed any concerns.
So here are 10 yummy egg recipes to add some egg variety to your diet! These recipes are relatively easy and taste delicious!
1. Breakfast Burrito – The eggs are as simple as they can get, but with the right combination of ingredients, you’ll add a ton of flavor! Simply scramble 2 eggs, add them to a soft tortilla wrap, and top with low-fat cheese, veggies, salsa, and any other breakfast ingredients of your choice!
2. Low Fat Egg Salad – For a low fat alternative to tasty egg salad, try using Dijon mustard instead of mayonnaise. And if you must, simply use a fat free or low fat mayo alternative.
3. Egg White Omelet – With the right added ingredients, egg whites can be just as yummy. Eat them with fresh tomatoes and herbs, or turn these ingredients into an egg white omelet.
4. Quiche – Quiche is easier to make than you might think. Search for a recipe you like online, or add your own ingredients to 2 large eggs (beaten) and 1 cup of milk in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 375. It’s that easy!
5. Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Herbs – An easy twist on scrambled eggs is to simply add fresh herbs. Herbs like basil, chili powder, cilantro, chives, and dill are all yummy options!
6. Poached Eggs – Many people avoid poached eggs at home, but without the frying, they’re one of the healthiest ways to do eggs – and they’re not so hard at all! In a small pot or deep frying pan, bring water to a moderate boil. Carefully drop eggs into the water from their shells, and let them boil to the desired consistency.
7. Quick Oatmeal & Egg Bake – This recipe has been used by fitness enthusiasts and weight lifters for years. In a cereal bowl, mix together ½ cup of quick oats, 2 egg whites, a handful of fresh or frozen berries, and about ¼ cup of water and heat in the microwave until oats are just cooked. Add cinnamon or natural sweetener as desired.
8. Egg in a Bun – Simply carve out a hole from the center of a breakfast bun, croissant, or scone and drop in a raw egg. Bake in the oven at 350-400 until desired consistency.
9. Chopped Salad with Egg – This one can be a complete meal, lunch or dinner! Start with fresh spinach or greens of your choice, and top with tomatoes, cucumbers, sliced hard-boiled eggs, and low-fat cheese of your choice. Drizzle with an olive oil/balsamic vinegar mixture or a light salad dressing of your choice.
10. Cottage Cheese & Egg Custard – This recipe is a little more work, but it’s super tasty. All you need is 1 cup of low-fat cottage cheese, 3 eggs, 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, and ½ cup of mixed fresh herbs like chives, parsley, or fresh spinach.
Preheat your oven to 350. In a blender, lightly blend cottage cheese and eggs for about 1 minute. Add the cheese and herbs and blend for about 5-10 seconds more. Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until puffy. The top should just be starting to brown. Serves 4.
Getting It Right with Protein…
And also be sure to check out my Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies Recipe here, and give yourself a protein-packed treat once in a while!
Have any questions or feedback about these 10 Yummy Egg Recipes? Please leave a comment below…