Top 13 Reasons to Workout
Working out can be a chore for some people. I personally find it rewarding and you can too!
When you read about all the amazing ways that exercise can benefit you inside out you will be itching to get outside and go for that 10km run, or get into the gym and train your ass off.
Alright well you don’t have to get that intense, but there are many small ways to increase exercise slowly to get up to 30-60 mins a day.
The best way to insure that you exercise every day is to pick something that you like and even get a buddy or dog to help motivate you. Exercise should be composed of a good balance of flexibility, strength and aerobic training.
Exercise is an extremely holistic way of life as it benefits your mind, body and spirit. Below are 13 of the many reasons working out is awesome for health!
#1 Reason to Workout: Boosts Immune System
- By improving the immune system you are less susceptible to germs and illnesses.
- The immune system can be compromised by stress on the body whether mental or physical and both benefit from a healthy dose of exercise.
- Make sure you include a high quality whey protein such as Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion so your muscles have the opportunity to use the amino acids found in protein to repair themselves. One other supplement to include are BCAA’s or branch chained amino acids which also boost your immune system and make sure your able to maintain your training intensity, my favorite tasting one is the watermelon flavour of Scivation Xtend.
#2 Reason to Workout: Sexier Body
- It should be obvious that without exercise you can’t look and feel the sexiest you have ever been. Continue to push yourself year by year and you will be rewarded for it.
- What is sexier then great muscle tone and a firm stomach? Point made!
#3 Reason to Workout: Better Memory
- Studies have shown that people who exercise daily have increased neuron activity in the brain allowing it to retain information longer and recall it easier as well.
- It stimulates the front cortex of the brain which increases focus and attention to detail.
- To boost your memory even further make sure to eat fish at least once a week and include an Omega 3 supplement such as AllMax Nutrition Omega 3.
#4 Reason to Workout: Enhances Mood
- We always feel better about ourselves when we are dripping with sweat rather than just hanging around watching movies and eating popcorn.
- The sense of accomplishment is extremely euphoric after exercise and our body responds with these mood enhancing hormones.
#5 Reason to Workout: Reduction in Stress
- Plenty of exercise boosts our outlook on ourselves as well as improving troubled areas and releasing stress.
- Eliminates stress hormones which cause depression and anxiety.
#6 Reason to Workout: Better Sexual Health
- This should be a no-brainer but less body fat means we feel better about ourselves and more attractive.
- Of course you now have the stamina to make things a bit more rambunctious in bed. Need I say more?
#7 Reason to Workout: Improves Energy
- “I’m too tired to work out!” Is no longer acceptable as an excuse folks. Research shows that those who workout actually increased their energy rather than people who gave into this negative thought. Just another study to show mind over matter is really important aspect to consider. You are what you think.
#8 Reason to Workout: Allows for Reflection
- Although you may think the TV would do a better job it actually preoccupies your mind. After a stressful busy day that time in the gym or bike ride can really help you chill out. You don’t need to do yoga to meditate, just go for a peaceful bike ride or jog and let your mind unwind, solve problems and enjoy just being in the moment.
#9 Reason to Workout: Reduces Diseases
- The risk of disease is significantly lowered when we exercise and that means a longer healthier life.
- Here are just some of the diseases you can prevent by working out regularly; colon and breast cancer, heart disease, strokes, high cholesterol, and arthritis.
#10 Reason to Workout: For Fun!
- Yes you read those words correctly exercise is a ton of fun. Especially when you add variety to your workouts such as cross training which prevents boredom.
- It’s also a great way to meet people either at the gym or by joining a sports team. Socializing also prolongs health and promotes healing.
#11 Reason to Workout: Stay Young
- For all the reasons above and in particular reduction of stress you WILL stay younger with regular exercise.
- Enjoy a disease-free life cause you only have one chance in this life!
- To add to this include antioxidant rich foods in your diet along with a Vitamin C supplement like NOW C-1000 and/or a Green Tea extract like NOW Green Tea Extract
#12 Reason to Workout: More Enjoyment of Food
- It’s true, nothing makes food taste better than a good intense workout. Your body will crave food and if you feed it even the most healthy foods you will notice that you enjoy it more too.
- A great way to spice up your sex-life, I’ll let your imagination fly with this one…
#13 Reason to Workout: Better at Your Job
- After exercising regularly you will find that your ability to think clearly will be especially enhanced and you will be much more efficient with the time you spend at work.
- People at work will compliment you and even look up to you more and the benefits are exponential in this respect!
Have any feedback about top reasons to workout? Please leave a comment below…