Toning Your Arms & Abs
Looking for a unique workout to help you tone your arms and abs? This is a killer new workout to add some variety to your week – and keep you feeling energized and motivated.
Although you may have thought you were a big exception plateaus are fairly common and definitely very demotivating. Read more on this topic in my article on Tricks to Intensify Your Workout or keep your muscles guessing on what you’re going go throw at them next via Muscle Confusion Workout Routines.
This principle applies to everything you do with your health, weight training and cardiovascular exercise to dieting and eating healthy. You’ve got to keep throwing your body for a loop, making it second guess itself on a regular basis in order to prevent it from adapting and reducing progress for all your hard work.
Today’s workout is something a little different. When was the last time you felt like your arms and abs were tight and giving you that sexy feeling? This one’s a great way to add a little variety, and it will leave you feeling fit and toned within 15 minutes.
Let’s get to it…
My Quick and Dirty Arms and Abs Routine
This routine can be done at home or at the gym, and all you need is a pair of dumbbells. Anywhere from 5 to 15 pounds or so should do it, depending on your level of fitness. You only need to commit 15 minutes for this one.
Rather than focusing on sets and reps for this one, you’re going to get out as many reps as possible in one minute for each exercise. Keep pushing yourself as much as you can for each exercise, trying your hardest to make yourself last a whole minute.
If you have extra time, repeat the circuit for a 30 minute workout.
Okay, it’s time to get started. Remember, as many reps as possible in one minute:
- 1 minute of ab crunches on stability ball (view exercise)
- 1 minute of seated bicep curls with dumbbells (view exercise)
- 1 minute of lower ab bicycle crunches (view exercise)
- 1 minute of oblique crunches on stability ball (30 seconds each side) (view exercise)
- 1 minute of seated tricep dumbbell extensions (view exercise)
- 1 minute of plank (view exercise)
- 1 minute of bicycle crunches (view exercise)
- 1 minute of reverse bench bicep curls with dumbbells (view exercise)
- 1 minute of side plank (30 seconds each side) (view exercise)
- 1 minute of standing shoulder press with dumbbells (view exercise)
- 1 minute of knee tucks on bench (view exercise)
- 1 minute of Russian twists on stability ball (view exercise)
- 1 minute of tricep dumbbell extensions on bench (view exercise)
- 1 minute of woodchoppers (view exercise)
- 1 minute of ab crunches (view exercise)
What this amounts to is a killer total body workout that really targets your arms and abs. Remember, if you have more time, take a 2-minute break after this circuit and repeat!
Make sure you finish off this workout with a protein shake. If you haven’t already, invest in a high quality whey protein supplement like Optimum 100% Natural Whey which not only tastes great but is devoid of artificial sweeteners.
Have any questions or feedback about my 15 Minute Arms & Abs Workout? Please leave a comment below…