Ryan Gosling Workout
There’s no doubt about it, Ryan Gosling is currently one of the hottest male actors in Hollywood.
And there’s a good reason for it – his workouts.
Let’s face it, the guy’s in amazing shape. His edgy and even comedic roles (‘Drive’, ‘Crazy Stupid Love’) have led him to the gym, and whatever he’s doing, he’s doing it well. In the last couples years he’s gotten totally ripped and packed on some killer lean muscle!
So how does he do it?
Ryan was pretty skinny as a teenager, so he didn’t have a lot of trouble staying lean. But that doesn’t mean diet hasn’t played a role. He’s really had to eat right and get tons of protein to bulk up the way he has. Protein shakes are crucial! Here are the top picks for protein supplements – a critical component of any Ryan Gosling workout routine:
- Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion – A high-quality, tasty protein supplement.
- Optimum 100% Natural Whey – A great protein supplement for mixing into fruit smoothies.
- MHP Probolic-SR Muscle Feeder – A highly effective sustained release protein to keep your muscles fueled for hours.
- Vega Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer – This is a great option for all the vegans out there!
Okay, let’s get to the workouts! Ryan’s workouts have focused on intense weight training routines aimed at incorporating strength training and more advanced bodybuilding techniques. If you want to pack on this kind of muscle, you need to really focus on muscle strength and endurance.
Start with a 6-week period of high-weight/low-rep sets (for example, 3-4 sets at 6-8 reps) in order to pack on the muscle. You’ll also make huge gains in strength during this time. Then spend the next 6 weeks doing higher rep sets (aim for 10-12 reps per set). This will help you lean out while still building muscle and burning extra calories. Keep alternating between these cycles, taking at least a 5-day rest in between.
And remember, Ryan Gosling spent a lot of time in the gym to get in this kind of shape. So if you’re really serious, you need to be hitting the weights at least 4-5 days a week. Ryan’s workouts are really focused, so you need to dedicate each workout to only a couple muscle groups at most. Combine this with some short-duration/high-intensity cardio 4 days a week, and you’ll be on your way to getting ripped, lean muscles like Ryan!
Here’s my version of a killer Ryan Gosling workout…
Day 1 – Chiselled Back & Biceps
- Standing Dumbbell Bicep Curl (view exercise)
- Cable Lat Pulldown (view exercise)
- Lying Bicep Curl (Facing Bench) (view exercise)
- Cable Seated Row (view exercise)
- One Arm Dumbbell Row (view exercise)
- One Arm Concentration Curl (view exercise)
Day 2 – Strong Lower Body
- Deadlifts with Barbell (view exercise)
- Barbell Squat (view exercise)
- Leg Curl Machine (view exercise)
- Leg Press Machine (view exercise)
- Dumbbell Lunge (view exercise)
- Seated Calf Raise (view exercise)
Day 3 – Ripped Chest & Triceps
- Decline Barbell Bench Press (view exercise)
- Flat Barbell Bench Press (view exercise)
- Incline Barbell Bench Press (view exercise)
- Tricep Dip (view exercise)
- Cable Pec Fly (view exercise)
- Tricep Cable Extension with Rope (view exercise)
Day 4 – Rockhard Abs & Core
- Ab Twist with Plate or Ball (view exercise)
- Hanging Leg Raise (view exercise)
- Back Extension (view exercise)
- Ab Crunch with Stability Ball (view exercise)
- Oblique Dumbbell Side Bend (view exercise)
Day 5 – Killer Shoulders
- Seated Bent Over Shoulder Raise (view exercise)
- Military Press with Barbell (view exercise)
- Lateral Raise with Dumbbells (view exercise)
- Barbell Shrug (view exercise)
- Single Arm Shoulder Press (view exercise)
One more thing…
To really get the most out of your Ryan Gosling workout routine, try a pre-workout supplement like Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump MAX. This will help give your muscles the energy they need to get out those extra pumps!
Have any questions or feedback about the Ryan Gosling Workout? Please leave a comment below…
Hey Sam, I’m a big fan of yourr blog and have been getting a lot out of it the past few months. I’ve been reading these workouts like this one, Matt Damon, Hugh Jackman, etc… I was just curious what sort of cardio, if any, should be supplemented with each day of weight lifting. Thanks
Awesome! Try adding in just 8 minutes of HIIT at the end of your workouts.
The pic of the “Military Press With Barbell” doesn’t open..
Thanks for noting that, it has been corrected! 🙂
hey sam. i take gnc pro performance amplified 100% whey protien. is that good for this workout? and also i was wondering on the reps and sets for the ab & core day.
Not too bad, I recommend these proteins – Best Protein Powders. Reps and sets is same for ab/core day – aim for 12 reps 3 sets
Hi sam. Cool workout, just one question. How long should i rest between exercises? Thanks
30-60s should do it!
Hey Sam I was wondering if you could do a jared padalecki workout? Hes jacked and im curious at to what the workout would be. Thanks
You got it, will put that in my list of upcoming articles, thanks for the suggestion!
Hi! Should I do cardio before or after this workout?
Do cardio after the workout so you have max strength for the weights.